should I go feb 1st or wait ????????

zrtkat

Hello I need some help and opinions on starting in the soo heading towards Sudbury to North Bay then up to New Liskeard then do a big loop around the top and back to the soo ,

We are planning 8-10 days riding but my question is should we wait until later in Febuary for this kind of trip .???????

Any help would be appreciated

zrtkat & crew

ready to go :woot:

I would aim for mid feb. The peak for this area is mid feb to second week in march. I have heard that they haven't been getting as much snow as normal. Halfway heaven has lots and there is less north and south from there. That way you can take advantage of the extra half hour of daylight, plus deeper base and warmer day time temps.

You are good to go anytime now. We are probably over with the frigid weather plus the days are getting longer. I know around here the trails are mint and don't see any reason that it should be any different in the areas you mentioned. If you need any info give me a call.

Thanks everyone for there help , I think I am going to wait a little while I see there is a warm-up a few days in around Sudbury around the 1st of february so we are going to go hopefully the second week of february.

I hope to pick the right time to go :wtf: last year we where up in timmins and it rained all night then turned to snow. We are going to ride 8-10 days so I imagine we will have all kinds of weather to deal with.

Thanks again for the replys

zrtkat

Thanks everyone for there help , I think I am going to wait a little while I see there is a warm-up a few days in around Sudbury around the 1st of february so we are going to go hopefully the second week of february.

I hope to pick the right time to go :wtf: last year we where up in timmins and it rained all night then turned to snow. We are going to ride 8-10 days so I imagine we will have all kinds of weather to deal with.

zrtkat

I wouldn't wait, I'd go now. Trails are in great shape everywhere and I hate to say it, we haven't had a thaw/rain yet..........so it'll be coming. You never know what happens after.

zrtkat

I wouldn't wait, I'd go now. Trails are in great shape everywhere and I hate to say it, we haven't had a thaw/rain yet..........so it'll be coming. You never know what happens after.

At the risk of this going to her head. Evil is right go ride while you know that the oppurtunity is there .

:D Well I just finished up putting on my saddlebags ,wired the sled for the electric shield,tommorrow I go get my higher windshield put that on and I will be ready to go.

After listening to the reports I am ready to leave now :woot:

Thanks

zrtkat

Problem is, I'm still waiting for my mountain bag to come in, along with my windshield. Oh and I have to start studding her this week! :banghead:

We got gas last year at the Aubrey falls trading post in Thessalon and the next fuel stop was in flame lake lodge then we made it to Chapleau.

hope this helps you out

zrtkat

Archived