New Hamburg Trails ??????

Diceman

Anyone know why all the surrounding trails are open around New Hamburg but New Hamburg Trails are still closed??....Thanks

Dice that is a very good ??????And all the tickets on the weekend :wtf: ..... I really dont know what is going on Dice hopefully things change Fri.

Hey Sammy.. Are you talking about all the tickets given out by the police in Baden? I heard about that when I was talking with a group of snowmobilers getting gas in New Dundee. There was so many trailers on the road that you'd think it was mid season.. The guys told me that the trail closed sign by the gas station was removed and that must mean the trails where open..

So ya think maybe this weekend?

Hey Sammy.. Are you talking about all the tickets given out by the police in Baden? I heard about that when I was talking with a group of snowmobilers getting gas in New Dundee. There was so many trailers on the road that you'd think it was mid season.. The guys told me that the trail closed sign by the gas station was removed and that must mean the trails where open..

Yes the police were quite busy,on the other hand they were just doing there job,trails were CLOSED and there is a reason for that.I see all around are opening but Wellesly/New Hamburg are still closed,there is probally a problem with the Wellsely/New Hamburg trail with the flooding we had.hopefully they will get it worked out soon.

BTW...New Dundee is open...go ride LMV

Yes the police were quite busy,on the other hand they were just doing there job,trails were CLOSED and there is a reason for that.I see all around are opening but Wellesly/New Hamburg are still closed,there is probally a problem with the Wellsely/New Hamburg trail with the flooding we had.hopefully they will get it worked out soon.

BTW...New Dundee is open...go ride LMV

Thanks, that's great news!!!!!!!

Good question as to why the trails in New Hamburg are still closed...it seems as though some of the wardens in the Burg are riding every weekend and not just to do random checks but rather riding for fun with their orange vests on...?

Good question as to why the trails in New Hamburg are still closed...it seems as though some of the wardens in the Burg are riding every weekend and not just to do random checks but rather riding for fun with their orange vests on...?

Maybe those guys wearing the orange vests were out having fun putting up signage, markers, trail surveys etc.....you should give it a try sometime, call the club & offer to wear a vest & you can go out & have some fun too!

I dont think that is the case,they do there signage and marking to a T and I dont think they have alot of help,they are usually one of the last to open.How to u think I feel,i live in the burg my club is New Dundee and they just opened and I just have to wait or put them on the trailer/ditch.

I can see if 1 or 2 trails are closed, but there is no need to close all the trails in New Hamburg. I know for a fact that the 4 fields it takes to get to the North East Hope trails from my place are in perfect shape, you can see them all from various roads. Why don't they do what other clubs do and open the trails that are limited, but keep the 1 or 2 that are impassible closed. Season is short enough. Open the ones we can ride on and keep the ones we can't closed - don't keep them all closed.

And yes, the only guy in my neighbourhood that consistently goes out when the trails are closed is the guy in the orange vest and his buddies he gives orange vests to. With no tools or signage in hand, gone all day, coming back with well ridden sleds, it certainly paints a different picture.

And yes, the only guy in my neighbourhood that consistently goes out when the trails are closed is the guy in the orange vest and his buddies he gives orange vests to. With no tools or signage in hand, gone all day, coming back with well ridden sleds, it certainly paints a different picture.

Well if that is the case someone should have a few words with him. Your frusteration is certainly understandable.

I can see if 1 or 2 trails are closed, but there is no need to close all the trails in New Hamburg. I know for a fact that the 4 fields it takes to get to the North East Hope trails from my place are in perfect shape, you can see them all from various roads. Why don't they do what other clubs do and open the trails that are limited, but keep the 1 or 2 that are impassible closed. Season is short enough. Open the ones we can ride on and keep the ones we can't closed - don't keep them all closed.

I totally agree with that idea......actually went for a walk on the closed trails lastnight and from what I saw they seemed way better than most years when they first opened,,,,trails have been wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more rough and have opened so that is why it is very frustrating . I do am trapped between all trail systems that are open, If it not open by tonight then something is up. If they need more volunteers post something and I will volunterr to help//Diceman

If they need more volunteers post something and I will volunterr to help//Diceman

Me too.. I have ridden the New Hamburg trails for many years.. If they need help, I can help too... What I cant understand is the trails do not get opened for weeks but in the middle of season we are riding on 1 inch of snow and hard dirt (but the trails are open)..... It's ride at own risk, let us ride!!!

Well if that is the case someone should have a few words with him. Your frusteration is certainly understandable.

Interesting.......OntSledder......if I'am not mistaken you are right around the corner from me,I have yet to see that...maybe gave Rob Gastle(Pres)of Nith Valley a ring and express your consern,maybe they need some help also.

I totally agree with that idea......actually went for a walk on the closed trails lastnight and from what I saw they seemed way better than most years when they first opened,,,,trails have been wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more rough and have opened so that is why it is very frustrating . I do am trapped between all trail systems that are open, If it not open by tonight then something is up. If they need more volunteers post something and I will volunterr to help//Diceman

I'd gladly help out if it means getting the trails open sooner. These trails are in much better shape than open trails in past years. Just don't see why ALL the trails need to be closed. In fact, our trails seem to be in better shape than some other areas that have trails open limited.

I have heard that calls to the club to help go unanswered and no one calls back. Makes me wonder if its an old boys club?

I have staked trails in the Bayfield area for years and understand how the trail system works and also understand the liability factor especially when someone was killed a few weeks ago in the Belgrave area. If the club requires assistance I would be more than happy to lend a hand - after all if its not for volunteers than we won't have trails. From what I have heard some riders have contacted the New Hamburg club to offer their assistance only to be rejected...? I also think it might be a great idea that the OFSC puts a good description as to why the trails are closed in the New Hamburg area...that would take the guessing game out of things.

Its frustrating when all the surronding clubs are open but I can't get to them from the burg. Hook up the trailer, load the sled, drive 10 mins. to New Dndee, unload and go. That gets old pretty quick. By some freak of nature, does the burg trails have alot less snow on them than all the surronding trails?? Lets get this going!! If you need help, send a PM.

I'd gladly help out if it means getting the trails open sooner. These trails are in much better shape than open trails in past years. Just don't see why ALL the trails need to be closed. In fact, our trails seem to be in better shape than some other areas that have trails open limited.

I have heard that calls to the club to help go unanswered and no one calls back. Makes me wonder if its an old boys club?

I have heard this same comment several times in the last week about this club, yet the executive apparantly complains of lack of volunteers and being burnt out? :wtf:

BTW; The New Dundee trails are shapeing up well and you can get around New Hamburg by going to Plattsville and taking the NEW trail to the Northeast Hope trails and avoid New Hamburg completely! Cudos to the Plattsville club for putting in a new connecting link to the Stratford area. Heck of a job done by those people, putting in at least 15KM of new trail with, I'm guessing, 25 or 30 new land owners! Volunteers hard at work! :woot:

Hey Gary.. Thanks for the top on the new trail.. Is the trail from Kim-Glo (New Dundee) to Drumbo open this year? I was told it just stopped after Kim-Glo...

LMV its good to go.

I have heard this same comment several times in the last week about this club, yet the executive apparantly complains of lack of volunteers and being burnt out? :wtf:

BTW; The New Dundee trails are shapeing up well and you can get around New Hamburg by going to Plattsville and taking the NEW trail to the Northeast Hope trails and avoid New Hamburg completely! Cudos to the Plattsville club for putting in a new connecting link to the Stratford area. Heck of a job done by those people, putting in at least 15KM of new trail with, I'm guessing, 25 or 30 new land owners! Volunteers hard at work! :woot:

Doug has been a busy boy ...hes the reason we have the new trail ....hats off to Mr Campbell

All the closed signs are still up. Why ALL the trails remain closed is beyond me. Its a perfect day out, trails look great, we have more snow than others, yet our trails are closed :wtf:

I agree, the OFSC website needs to be updated with an accurate description as to why ALL the trails remain closed?

Yet another Friday I come home from work and New Hamburg is still not open! A few guys I ride with have been out on their open trails all week, with the same amount of snow and conditions. Their passes cost the same as mine. Why are we still closed! Im sure there is a reason as to why some areas need to be closed, so what is it? I hope this isn't another weekend shot.

Archived