Old Hastings New Years Trip

WEFusion900

Ventured up to the cottage for the New Years took several short trips.

St. Ola to MacAuthurs Mills

Trail stop w/OPP only 5 km into the ride at the split Coe Hill or Bancroft. Checking for permits, reg, ins. etc. saw a few people nabbed...

B016E rail bed was in good shape, woods trail to MM was good, snow was thin and icy in spots, trail was groomed and wide

St Ola to Forest Access Roads

Saw some people riding around the gate to Limerick Lake

Took the B106E up to the Access Roads, the trails that were groomed were in good shape, alot of water on the ungroomed trails

Maple Camp to Dicky Lake - groomed wide and flat

Steenberg Lake rd south trail - groomed in good shape, needs some more snow to fill in the bumps

E- trail to Coe Hill - groomed and in good shape to the fair grounds - trail 930 to L'amabe is closed

Saw a car on Steenburg lake near the ice fishing huts near the sand beach hopefully the lake will be staked soon, the north road was rough without alot of snow cover and alot of sand on the road

New Year weekend is always iffy, but if I'm riding I'm happy

Thanks for the report sounds like you had a good .

Hey SledJunk ! I think I just found the guy that does the PSSD trail reports ! :rotflmao::rotflmao: :P :P

:coffeespit:

Sorry Bill but thats funny

Thanks for the report sounds like you had a good .

Hey SledJunk ! I think I just found the guy that does the PSSD trail reports ! :rotflmao::rotflmao: :P :P

:coffeespit::coffeespit: There goes my keyboard!!! :rotflmao::rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Thanks WEFusion900 for the report. With the snow coming this week, the trails will only be better by the weekend.

My buddies and myself were up on Jan.2nd. We left from Millbridge and stopped at the "Y" to Coehill. While we were stopped the OPP pulled up and checked us.(must be there new favorite spot) Everything was in order and on they went. We went on past Coe Hill to the Paudash Club house. Most of the way was good. There was a few washouts, and a few trees down. We took the trail back towards Bancroft from the club house but found out it is closed from Cardiff to Bancroft.(aswampthat isn't froze over apparently??) So wepicked our way south from Cardiff to the "E" trail and back home. Almost 200 km. We enjoyed it! Just watch out for the washouts. We passed the groomer and a volunter who was cutting the trees so I imagine they are cleaned up now.

My buddies and myself were up on Jan.2nd. We left from Millbridge and stopped at the "Y" to Coehill. While we were stopped the OPP pulled up and checked us.(must be there new favorite spot) Everything was in order and on they went. We went on past Coe Hill to the Paudash Club house. Most of the way was good. There was a few washouts, and a few trees down. We took the trail back towards Bancroft from the club house but found out it is closed from Cardiff to Bancroft.(aswampthat isn't froze over apparently??) So wepicked our way south from Cardiff to the "E" trail and back home. Almost 200 km. We enjoyed it! Just watch out for the washouts. We passed the groomer and a volunter who was cutting the trees so I imagine they are cleaned up now.

Your welcome ! Spent 2 days clearing trees from the windstorm, myself and a buddy. We aren't spring chickens by any means, this was hard work. We aren't 'offical' volunteers we just do what needs doing.

Must say tho ... other than 2 guys who stopped and helped us on the B106E for awhile most just rode on through. Made it rather tough on us as we had to cut the trees into small enough pieces so we could actually move them being only 2 of us. A couple extra hands would have been nice so we could have made 1/2 the cuts.53_ab1f1865358708e98e21597fc102d25b

1046_c2b8f2f4ea0ec744181bd2a0d07d441c

Archived