HOW MUCH SNOW ???

badmxz

Any trails open yet?

Nope. We ran road unopened cottage country roads, some plowed and took the Black River Road out to Victoria Falls. Muskoka 6 is in mid-winter form.

The first Snowcrest trail to open will probably be D between G'hurst and B'bridge. There's a lot of work to be done on the rest yet with packing, brushing and high water in the swamps etc. Maybe we'll see some open between Christmas and New Years. Hope so !

Id say theres between 2 and 3 feet everywhere in the Muskoka/Parry Sound area.....3feet+ in North Bay/Sundridge and Burks falls....some rain fell on sunday night which knocked it back a bit but squalls today will add it back.

Id say theres between 2 and 3 feet everywhere in the Muskoka/Parry Sound area.....3feet+ in North Bay/Sundridge and Burks falls....some rain fell on sunday night which knocked it back a bit but squalls today will add it back.

thanks for the report, i hope it gets cold enoff to clear up some wet spots and get some frost

I was at my cottage on Ahmic lake on Monday morning. Power off ,pump frozen and busted....I keep a spare..Walked in from the turnaround where the plow stops. Snow was knee deep , but 4 to 6 inches of water at the bottom. Lake was covered in water from the rain and breaking open when I tried to walk on it. Never even tried to use the sled and with no power for a few more hours at least I just removed the old pump and set the spare in the pumphouse to warm up hopefully when ever the power comes back on. Snow there is lots of but way to much water with it for now.

I helped the club pack the trail up to bass lake on Sunday... lots of trees down, but the swamps weren;t too bad.

the clubs need more volunteers to put up signs, brush the trails etc... then they will open

so... if you can help out, please get in touch with your club and do so

lots of snow not enough frost.

At this point I think we`ll need to start forgetting about frost and start thinking about bridging with snow !

lots of snow not enough frost.

At this point I think we`ll need to start forgetting about frost and start thinking about bridging with snow !

That's the spirit. Packing, breaking thin ice and getting the water exposed; we'll be riding many open trails after Boxing Day.

:D:D

Archived