Cave-In at Kennisis Lake Marina

kennyboy

Yipes. That's a shame !

Sure is!

But on the bright side

LOOK AT ALL THAT SNOW!!!!!! :woot::woot::woot:

Seems irresponsible for them not to have cleared the snow from the roof. I have already shovelled three feet from my cottage roof. What a shame. I feel bad for those who stored their boats there.

Not the first boat storage in Haliburton to do this . Haliburton Marine had one do this around 1985 and one went down at Little Hawk as well I heard one may have collapsed at Kushog some years back. Steel roofs don't solve all problems

And the year that Haliburton, Carnarvon and West Guilford got hit with that tornado the roof was peeled off Wedgewood Marine and NOrthland Marine too. I feel bad for the dealers when stuff like this happens as it is pretty much out of control when Mother Nature hits.

Now snow load is preventable and fairly easy to deal with if you are on the ball. It might cost some $$ to get it off but it saves the grief for the boat owners and operators. It is not like it snuck up all at once.

Very sad for all involved.

Yipes. That's a shame !

No it's not. I'd have to agree w/ Fred Q on this 1. A friend of mine shovelled the snow off her cttage north of Dwight a week ago before the snow load got too big.

It's not like they're not there & didn't know about the amount of snow. Mind you I do feel sorry for anyone that had their boat damaged.

I shovelled my camper trailer off before the rain to protect the roof.

Yipes. That's a shame !

No it's not. I'd have to agree w/ Fred Q on this 1. A friend of mine shovelled the snow off her cttage north of Dwight a week ago before the snow load got too big.

It's not like they're not there & didn't know about the amount of snow. Mind you I do feel sorry for anyone that had their boat damaged.

I shovelled my camper trailer off before the rain to protect the roof.

Yes. It is. It's a shame for the people that stored their boats there !

Archived