Owen Sound update

Faceman

Started out at Shelburne Sunday and rode to Owen Sound on the rail bed. We had a great ride, a little windy and a few drifts, but nothing bad. While we were in Owen Sound a big storm hit with very high winds. The trip back was nothing short of treacherous. High winds, zero visability at times and big time drifting. We had 3 sleds and between us we had a sled buried 10 times, but not because we ran off trail. It was just that the center of the trail suddenly had over 6ft high drifts. With about 10 miles to go to Shelburne, the trails became totally impassable, 6ft drift after 6ft drift and no visable path, so we drove down highway 10 to get back to our trailer. Highway 10 had police barricades and was shut down due to the weather. Was a great ride, but spoiled by crappy weather and until a groomer goes in, I don't think rail bed is usable. .

Send that unit down our way, we could use it!

If you need tracks, I suspect one of these might do a better job. :P

corn2135x564y377jpgproplp1.jpg

You are absolutely right, that machine would do a better job, but it doesn't matter anymore, all the corn has been harvested that was on our trails, trails are all staked, audited and the groomer is out this morning packing. I rode all the New Dundee trails yesterday to make sure all signage was in place and there is definately enough snow to pack, some wind bare spots, but all in all pretty decent.

We might even open before Christmas! :woot:

You are absolutely right, that machine would do a better job, but it doesn't matter anymore, all the corn has been harvested that was on our trails, trails are all staked, audited and the groomer is out this morning packing. I rode all the New Dundee trails yesterday to make sure all signage was in place and there is definately enough snow to pack, some wind bare spots, but all in all pretty decent.

I'll see you on the weekend ;)

got axle ?

got axle ?

Ya right :whatever: I'll drive without a new one and take my chance I guess.

got axle ?

Ya right :whatever: I'll drive without a new one and take my chance I guess.

Good luck I wish you a great time.

Mr. Monkey, you are always welcome at the Easy house! :wavey:

Mr. Monkey, you are always welcome at the Easy house! :wavey:

Seriously ... hope you guys get a good ride in this weekend!

• 3 weeks later...

I see OS East is open limited but I'm not sure why OS West hasn't gone the same way. Collingwood got one pile of snow the last two days. We have to be close. :wtf::wtf::wtf:

I'll be checking the OFSC site all night I need west side and Kemble/Shallow Lake to open and I'm off don't want to trailer across town to ride like riding from my door :D Did see sleds running the east side today but I'll wait till there open .

Archived