C-TRAIL/TIMMINS -107C & 106 TO ELK LAKE CONDITIONS??

Krusty

Looking for info on trail conditions - C trail from Timmins to Shining Tree??? As well what condition is 107C or 106C from Shinning Tree to Elk Lake. We are thinking of leaving Cochrane & spending the night at 3 Bears then next day either running the 107c or 106 c to Elk lake then back up to Cochrane. Any info on these trails would be appreciated.

talked to the groomer out of Gowganda and he has groomed from campbell Lake all the way to Elk Lake down 107C.... one of the fastest and best trails in Ontario...

he described it as .... mint.. not sure if that last 5km to shining Tree has been done

Boy's give Jim/John a call at the Gogama club they groom the C trail towards Timmins the first few mile's of the hydro line is were they have problem's (hill's/rock's) I know what they say on the OSFC site but if they got the snow it is probaly rideable but just not groomed yet,20-25miles not grommed, the rest of there trail's should be good to go.Jim owns Minisinakwa lodge 705-894-2170 thats were the groomer stays it been a few yr's since I have visited maybe there's new owner's also try Lise's Lakeveiw Retreat 705-894-2413 u should get your ? answered.

Hey Sammy.. Is Minisinakwa lodge in Gogama? A good friend of mine use to own that resort and sold it a few years ago..... Have fun Krusty and Metro, you guys always do......

Yes Rick,thats were we used to start form....some good memorie's from there.

Not sure about the C trail but the A107c is groomed and in pretty good shape. We finished signing and staking the lakes today. Trail is now officially open on OFSC website. I groom the A107c and I know our other groomer has groomed up to Cambell lake through Matach but not sure if signed yet. If you take A107c to Elk Lake the "A" trail was groomed last night north towards Kirkland from Elk Lake.

Ron

Archived