Gaspe by SXS

Has anyone done the Gaspe loop by SXS just wondering what maps to use ? Planning on leaving end of July starting in Amqui . Tentative route so far .

Amqui to Point a la croix - 219 km

Point a la croix to New Carlisle - 245 km   
        New Carlisle to Perce  183 km

Perce to Murdochville 235 km 

Murdochville to Mount-Saint-Pierre 75 km

Mont-Saint -Pierre to Cap Chat  149 km 

Cap Chat to Amqui 164 km 

• Like 1

I watched a You tube guy that has done this a couple times this is his route. Most of the group he is with are even older than me lol and it’s a fairly large group and they had a host of problems . Most of the tails are fairy good pace and there’s only 2 couples going I think it should be ok . I’ve rode Gaspe 4 times by sled but have never been there in the summer 

2 hours ago, 1049 said:

I watched a You tube guy that has done this a couple times this is his route. Most of the group he is with are even older than me lol and it’s a fairly large group and they had a host of problems . Most of the tails are fairy good pace and there’s only 2 couples going I think it should be ok . I’ve rode Gaspe 4 times by sled but have never been there in the summer 

Are flat tires a common issue? 

Yes it currently can be . the group I watched had mostly big horn tires there just a 4 ply we have 8 ply tires you can still puncture them but you’re  odds are better. I carry a spare and lots of tire plugs 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2024 at 1:17 PM, 1049 said:

Has anyone done the Gaspe loop by SXS just wondering what maps to use ? Planning on leaving end of July starting in Amqui . Tentative route so far .

Amqui to Point a la croix - 219 km

Point a la croix to New Carlisle - 245 km   
        New Carlisle to Perce  183 km

Perce to Murdochville 235 km 

Murdochville to Mount-Saint-Pierre 75 km

Mont-Saint -Pierre to Cap Chat  149 km 

Cap Chat to Amqui 164 km 

When I rode Gaspe on sled I used BRP Go app. No cell service in a lot of the area but gps in phone tracks your position and updates as you go…Was awesome..I thought those same trails were atv-sxs trails during the rest of year. I have not seen it but I think Quebec has an atv trail map website same sort of thing as the Quebec snowmobile trail website?

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, J Feces said:

When I rode Gaspe on sled I used BRP Go app. No cell service in a lot of the area but gps in phone tracks your position and updates as you go…Was awesome..I thought those same trails were atv-sxs trails during the rest of year. I have not seen it but I think Quebec has an atv trail map website same sort of thing as the Quebec snowmobile trail website?

I’ve looked into it a bit more they have IQuad very similar to I moto niege . Most of the trails don’t open till may 15 so there’s not much showing up get . 

• Like 1