Where is zrtkat going this winter?

LuvMyViper

Hey zrtkat. where's you excellent adventure in Ontario this year. You've been posting about your trips on the forum since the first winter.. Are you guys riding this year???? we're gonna be in Dubreuilville the end of February..

Hi Viper well we are in the planning stages for our trip starting next week on the 23rd of january. and we are trying to figure out where to start from.?? we are going to ride for about 9 days or more. The trails are looking better hopefully by next week things will be good to go.

I have a Question if we start in New liskeard we are thinking about going to Quebec valdor and back to New liskeard. that would be 2 days riding there and then go on our regular trip once we return to New Liskeard.If we start in New liskeard do we need both ontario permits and Quebec permits to go to Valdor ??

because we are buying 7 day trail passes for ontario and planning on buying a daily pass or 3 day pass for Quebec.

Will be taking my laptop and will be posting daily about our trip

have a great night

Zrtkat

I have a Question if we start in New liskeard we are thinking about going to Quebec valdor and back to New liskeard. that would be 2 days riding there and then go on our regular trip once we return to New Liskeard.If we start in New liskeard do we need both ontario permits and Quebec permits to go to Valdor ??

Yes, you will need both.. I email back and forward with Quebec Tourism (they read this forum).. I'll ask them for more details about Ontario snowmobilers coming into Quebec.

I can find out info on New Liskeard area. I am suppose to go there for a few days soon (and into Quebec)... Do you take your notebook on your snowmobile or trailer around? I have some buddies going to Cochrane this week.. Reports should be coming in this weekend..

Hi Viper well we are in the planning stages for our trip starting next week on the 23rd of january. and we are trying to figure out where to start from.?? we are going to ride for about 9 days or more. The trails are looking better hopefully by next week things will be good to go.

because we are buying 7 day trail passes for ontario and planning on buying a daily pass or 3 day pass for Quebec.

Will be taking my laptop and will be posting daily about our trip

have a great night

Zrtkat

thats correct Zrtkat, one day each way NL-Val'dor nice ride and yes you figured out the pemits right. we bought ours @ the motel in New Liskeard,for the Quebec side that is 8-)

Viper we take our lap top with us on our trip cross country,we take it in a back pac.So if we are going to quebec from new liskerd we would need both permits to get to quebec? Thanks for the info. ZRTKAT

"Back in the day" [last I knew] you could ride to the first town on either side on your current tags. If you ventered further in then you would need that tag.

Are you really sure?

Hi all. I'm zrtkat's nephew. It look's like we are going to start in Heyden. We are still trying to figure out where we are going from there. We are leaving here tuesday morning. :D

Hi all. I'm zrtkat's nephew. It look's like we are going to start in Heyden. We are still trying to figure out where we are going from there. We are leaving here tuesday morning. :D

Hey SpiritWalker .. Welcoem to the forum.. You uncle is an awesome traveller.. He has shared many of his adventures with us.. I'm sure you will have a blast.. Drop into Dubreuilville if you have a chance.. The trails in that area are breathe taking :) Have fun and take lots of pictures.. Rick

Hey SpiritWalker .. Welcoem to the forum.. You uncle is an awesome traveller.. He has shared many of his adventures with us.. I'm sure you will have a blast.. Drop into Dubreuilville if you have a chance.. The trails in that area are breathe taking :) Have fun and take lots of pictures.. Rick

Thank's for the welcome Rick. My uncle has lead us on some awesome adventures through Ontario. They get better every year. We will take lot's of pictures and I'm sure he will be posting them nightly :) The trail's into Dubreuilville are awesome. That was one of my favorite spot's last year..Scott

The trail's into Dubreuilville are awesome. That was one of my favorite spot's last year..Scott

Hey Scott.. I guess it's safe to assume that he didn't bring you on his trip to Alaska last year :lol::lol: Make sure you drop in and say hi to Luc and Reg when your in Dville...

Rick you are correct I did not take scott on my trip to Alaska :D he gets to eat lots of Salmon when I get back .Well I am on vacation now for 2 weeks so I think we are leaving in the morning for Sault ste Marie ,then we will start our adventure from there.

We are hoping to head to Chapleau for the first night hope we can find out about the conditions of the trails heading to there. If not good we will be heading to Wawa for our first night. I Have to get my oil changed in 500 miles on my polaris 4 stroke so I am trying to put some miles on my sled before wawa ,and hopefully I can get my sled in up at jonesy's place for a oil change . I am hoping he can do it for me.

The motel owner at Heyden says they have lots of snow and all the trails are open ,so she was nice to us last year and let us leave our vehicle there while we left on our trip.So hopefully we will have a nice trip and we plan on making Dubrielville one of our stops and we can say hi to the Groomer guy,last year when we where there he was busy with the snowmobiler magazine crew ,but this year hopefully we will get to meet him.

I will have my notebook with me and will post every night with pics on how our trip is going.

zrtkat

I will have my notebook with me and will post every night with pics on how our trip is going.

zrtkat

ZRTKAT, Our group (myself and Vipers from this forum and 6 others) are also leaving from Heyden on Sat. Feb.1st Could you please either update here or email me the conditions you find from Heyden to Chapleau and what route you take. We are scheduled to ride to Chapleau for the first night but might be changing that due to trails not being ready. Also, let me know how trails are down by the Soo, can't seem to find as much info about their trails. Have a great ride and we look forward to your reports. Dave

sinjin ok this is what I know so far in heyden she said they have lots of snow and the trails are open. we where originally going to chapleau by the F trail but I called the flanme lodge and she said the groomer left to pan the trail and has not returned yet.so it is closed as of right now.

so we are leaving Heyden and going to halfway haven then taking the wilderness trail over to chapleau. then from there we are heading to Wawa. So I am taking my notebook and will be posting nightly on conditions and trails we are taking.

I will keep you informed on our trip,we are leaving the 23rd thru Feb 2nd hopefully we will find nice trails.

zrtkat

Archived