Heart of Ontario trail H9

Re:Leaf

I just noticed that Heart of Ontario trail H9 turns west and joins trail H11 heading into Beaverton. 354C749D-9796-40F6-89CD-9C4438AED8BE.thumb.jpeg.0bcdcb9f5364dc097b3e180ea7046c56.jpeg

H9 previously continued north east and joined Carden club trail 102. Am I correct in assuming there was a land owner dispute and the trail had to be rerouted? 

All government issues and reroute is a long process. Parks Canada closed and removed the bridge over the Trent Severen. No plans to replace bridge as they cant find a contractor to do the work. The route near Beaverton runs along Hwy 12 and that's not allowed now by the MTO.  

I am new to the club and still learning about how to get landowner permission so I was hoping to get a reroute from Glennarm area to Kirkfield but finding it difficult getting out and knocking on doors. Our big fight is trying to keep the trails from Uxbridge and reroute trails due to Infrastruction Ontario and the EOTA (Eastern Ontario Trail Alliance) who want us to pay large dollars to use the trail and take responsibility for all bridges and liability for everyone who uses the trail (sledders or regular citizens).

Jerry

2 hours ago, grover_yyz said:

All government issues and reroute is a long process. Parks Canada closed and removed the bridge over the Trent Severen. No plans to replace bridge as they cant find a contractor to do the work. The route near Beaverton runs along Hwy 12 and that's not allowed now by the MTO.  

I am new to the club and still learning about how to get landowner permission so I was hoping to get a reroute from Glennarm area to Kirkfield but finding it difficult getting out and knocking on doors. Our big fight is trying to keep the trails from Uxbridge and reroute trails due to Infrastruction Ontario and the EOTA (Eastern Ontario Trail Alliance) who want us to pay large dollars to use the trail and take responsibility for all bridges and liability for everyone who uses the trail (sledders or regular citizens).

Jerry

Hmm. Not a whole lot of good news in that post...lol..

Yes it's tough getting certain projects approved in a reasonable timeframe when it involves numerous different government agencies. Very frustrating!

Doesn't EOTA allow ATVs on their trails year round? Do the ATVers pay to use their trails? Who covers their liability?

Thank you for your efforts Jerry!💪

Thank you for the update Jerry. 

22 hours ago, yamadan700 said:

Hmm. Not a whole lot of good news in that post...lol..

Yes it's tough getting certain projects approved in a reasonable timeframe when it involves numerous different government agencies. Very frustrating!

Doesn't EOTA allow ATVs on their trails year round? Do the ATVers pay to use their trails? Who covers their liability?

Thank you for your efforts Jerry!💪

ATV clubs pay EOTA for usage of ATV trails. EOTA from what I have heard is very eager to have an ATV club form in the Uxbridge area. I don't think that will happen as not many people in the area like the ATV riders. We (snowmobile club) are liked by the locals as we make a nice smooth trail so they can walk and enjoy the trail.  

There is really no one to stop a sledder from riding the "closed" rail trail, you just take to risk and no insurance coverage by OFSC or the slight possibility the police stopping you and charge you with trespassing. 

• Like 1