Belleville Napanee Kingston area?

crispy

A close friend of mine retired and moved to Kingston. I've never ridden the area he doesnt do the internet so anyone here familiar with the area is it any good for sledding? Do they get decent snowfall out there? What about Prince Edward county is there trails all through there or none? I checked the OFSC site but it seems theres no longer trail info published for the summer ( weird ) so I cant do my usual look see.

It's the banana belt.  Snow is tough to come by.  Especially in Prince Edward County.  When they get snow the lennox and addington ridge runners in the Napanee to Kingston area do a great job.  Things get groomed up as good as anywhere in the province.  They have a rail line that is the backbone of the system and then a mix of good road allowances and farm field running.  The network they have south of the 401 is kinda neat.  Only trail I'd probably avoid is the one that runs up through Enterprise towards Tamworth.  It's tight and narrow.  Bombi type grooming or groomed with sleds.  There is no trail connection between Napanee and Belleville.  Recently they opened a trail to Sharbot lake which is also railbed.  Haven't ridden Prince Edward County yet.  On the bucket list, but haven't managed to catch them with snow and open trails yet (been trying the last few years and hasn't worked out).  Knowing the map the trails out there are somewhat limited, but there is a small trail system across the island.  Still probably worth the trek when they do get snow.  Most from Kingston head to Sharbot Lake or Cloyne for weekend riding.  That's their muskoka cottage country riding and not much over an hour from Kingston.  You also have good riding to the east (Prescott to Cornwall area) or trips to Pembroke or Western Quebec are within easy commuting distance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

North east is good. It’s warm temps from Lake Ontario and low elevation of Kingston. Every year different. Some times there is a pile of snow just further east down 401, if winds back spin from lake. Happens every so often not regularly though. Other times nothing evening in corn wall area’s could be razor thin. It’s more reliable to north no doubt. Sometimes just 30 mins straight south of pembroke is real thin too. Seems pembroke right on edge. Go up into madawaka valley which is 15 km’s from town or so by sled,snow awesome. Seen over 4 feet in that area on a regular basis. 

• Thanks 2