WTB - Communicator

skidoo700jay

Im looking to see if anyone has a passenger communicator kit for a Collette series 900 communicator???

Thanks Jay

Oh Boy! Here we go...... :o

Do I hear crickets in here.... :rotflmao:

OK I will be the first to say it as I was one of the ones that got duped on these

"NO PHONES"..............

First off good luck with these things, lord knows the only way they work is if you attach the second unit VIA the driver's headset with a jumper to the passenger.

What ever you do DO NOT seperate for more than a few feet or the unit will cease operation and all you will hear is CCHHEERRRR GARBLLLLLLL HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :rotflmao:

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW???????????

Ok I didnt want to stir up any contraversy, I have always had good luck with these things, now my sister in law wants to come along, so I was just looking......

Thanks for looking

Jason

Ok I didnt want to stir up any contraversy, I have always had good luck with these things, now my sister in law wants to come along, so I was just looking......

Thanks for looking

Jason

Dont worry Jay. There was a lot of controversy on here with the Sno-phone and someone who put together a package deal and then left everyone high and dry.

If thats what you are looking for then buy it. The animals are just beating their chests!........

Anyone help Jason out please?

My appologies Jay good luck with your search!

I'm still a little bitter about the whole package deal that we received and then the TOTAL LACK of Customer Service from the company really turned me off of this Company and it's products.

I really do hope you have better luck than allot of us did!

I know a lot of people had issues with the Sno phones. We have used Collett products for the last 12 years (8 in our group), and have had great success. You have to make sure everyone who is using them understands the voice activation feature and also ensure that each radio is set up properly (sensitivity). Those who are expecting telephone quality sound will be disappointed. It is more along the line of the small FRS portable radio type of sound. The Communicators have literally been lifesavers for us, especially when crossing highways. My wife would have been hit by an oncoming truck last winter without these.

Last fall I ordered my wife a sno phone and was not happy with the way it worked. I contacted Collett and was told to send it back and they would replace it with a new 900 Platinum unit at no charge. The new unit arrived in a few days and worked great. I agree that Collett had problems with the Sno phones, but my experience with their customer service has been excellent. You are not going to carry on a conversation all day with these, but for warning people about oncoming sleds or a hazard on the trail, they can be invaluable. They have proven themselves many times for us. In my opinion, it is a small price to pay for the added safety.

I know a lot of people had issues with the Sno phones. We have used Collett products for the last 12 years (8 in our group), and have had great success. You have to make sure everyone who is using them understands the voice activation feature and also ensure that each radio is set up properly (sensitivity). Those who are expecting telephone quality sound will be disappointed. It is more along the line of the small FRS portable radio type of sound. The Communicators have literally been lifesavers for us, especially when crossing highways. My wife would have been hit by an oncoming truck last winter without these.

Last fall I ordered my wife a sno phone and was not happy with the way it worked. I contacted Collett and was told to send it back and they would replace it with a new 900 Platinum unit at no charge. The new unit arrived in a few days and worked great. I agree that Collett had problems with the Sno phones, but my experience with their customer service has been excellent. You are not going to carry on a conversation all day with these, but for warning people about oncoming sleds or a hazard on the trail, they can be invaluable. They have proven themselves many times for us. In my opinion, it is a small price to pay for the added safety.

If Collett had acted as admirably for the group purchase here, the mere mention of their name would still stir such negative feelings. It really is a shame they did not stand behind the product at that time.

Well, Good and I use them all the time................we love them! :P

:twisted:

Archived