Mattawa staging area

DRJ

Any place near Mattawa to stage and leave a truck and trailer for a few days?  I know the Valois and Mattawa golf and ski club but I assume neither of those places would want you to tie up there parking lot if you weren’t staying there?

Money talks. Mike clears a large parking area at Golf and Ski. Offer to pay for safe parking there and see what you get for an answer. I am sure I have seen truck/trailer combos there that weren't at the cabins.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tricky said:

Money talks. Mike clears a large parking area at Golf and Ski. Offer to pay for safe parking there and see what you get for an answer. I am sure I have seen truck/trailer combos there that weren't at the cabins.

I know Mike.  I have no problem paying. Didn’t know he offered that option

I didn't say that he offers parking generally, just that, on occasion over many years staying there, I have seen trailers that didn't appear to be staying overnight there. Come to think of it, those may have been rigs where the owners were staying the first or last night at Golf and Ski. Just saying that it wouldn't hurt to ask them though. 

We’ve parked behind the arena for a couple of days more than once. Valois wanted $100 for 2 days after telling me on the phone it was $15 per day!!!! 

27 minutes ago, Curly said:

We’ve parked behind the arena for a couple of days more than once. Valois wanted $100 for 2 days after telling me on the phone it was $15 per day!!!! 

Good to know; thanks

On 1/16/2023 at 6:21 PM, tricky said:

I didn't say that he offers parking generally, just that, on occasion over many years staying there, I have seen trailers that didn't appear to be staying overnight there. Come to think of it, those may have been rigs where the owners were staying the first or last night at Golf and Ski. Just saying that it wouldn't hurt to ask them though. 

They be doing  doing rap. I parked there lots of times. Usually,  I stay first night and park rest of week. Never seen anyone park there without staying all times I was there. Place  gets pretty full come Noon Friday though, if trails include highway 11 arent open. 
Mike had it place for sale not sure if it sold or he is still there? 
I wouldn’t park over night at arena it be busy now with hockey in full swing. Sure to get towed no doubt. 

19 hours ago, Curly said:

Pine stone no longer snowmobile friendly either. During week I talked them into letting me leave truck for two days. Not sure if that is even possible anymore. Starting to put a wrench into touring.  Even edge water doesn’t want trailers left in yard over weekend. Tuesday to Thursday usually ok. 

On 1/16/2023 at 7:03 AM, DRJ said:

Any place near Mattawa to stage and leave a truck and trailer for a few days?  I know the Valois and Mattawa golf and ski club but I assume neither of those places would want you to tie up there parking lot if you weren’t staying there?

My understanding now is that Mike asks that you make a parking donation to the Mattawa club to park at Golf 'n Ski.  Did you park there? Did you sled in that area this weekend? If so, was there some traffic? Conditions?

• Like 1