Sledheads for Kids at the Bervie Community Centre Feb 11th

Candubrain

The Bervie Community Centre is proud to say we are hosting an event for the Bluewater Town and Country Snowmobile Club and Sledheads 4 Kids!
February 11, 2023 they are doing a Family Snowmobile Fun Run beginning and ending here.
Sledheads 4 Kids is an organization raising funds for Amici Camp Charity which sends hundreds of less fortunate kids to summer camps across Ontario every year.
We would like to hold an auction after their ride to help raise funds to support both Sledheads 4 Kids and our local Snowmobile Club. If anyone or any business would like to donate an item towards the auction, please contact us either through FB messenger, or by email at berviecc@gmail.com .
For more info on S4K you can look them up at www.sledheads4kids.ca , on FB, or on Instagram.
Keep tuned for more details to come, this will be a fun day!!
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Mother nature is working against us, our trails are now closed to protect what we have.    The Sledheads for Kids event is still on for this Saturday Feb 11th, but instead of the trail ride we are hosting a vintage sled displays.    If you have an older sled bring it over, there is plenty of parking.    Auction starts at 4pm for goodies donated by local merchants and our kitchen will open for our famous Bervie Wings.

image.thumb.png.8c4d3bdd3567b6c6eaa45c0e42b32eca.png

• Like 2

Dont forget the vintage show and shine starts tomorrow at 1pm, auction at 4pm, bar and food available starting at 1pm

IMG_3275.jpeg

• Like 2

How was the show yesterday ? 

Thanks for asking.   I thought I repost what Josh Fuller wrote on FB.    Photos later, Super Bowl first

Words cannot describe the overwhelming amount of support we received yesterday at Bervie Community Centre.

Although, we couldn't ride the awesome trails in the area we ended up having one of my most memorable days I have ever had in my snowmobiling career, from looking at all the "Old school" snowmobiles and just talking about memorable moments we have all had snowmobiling.                                                             I consider me a strong man, but I tell you when members of Bervie Community Centre donated to our cause.... It brought me to tears!!!  

From the bottom of my heart I thank you all for your support!!!

• Like 4

We had an amazing day,  there were vintage sleds, a bonfire for the kids to toast marshmallows to compliment their hot chocolate, bean bag tossing, etc.

Our auction was a huge success and the professional auctioneer added to the lively action.   Many of our local businesses and merchants donated some great items for the auction.   Many many thanks to everyone that came out, watching people bid up to $70.00 for a hat from a local business was so great to see as everyone knew the money was for a great cause.

IMG_3292.jpeg

IMG_3288.jpeg

IMG_3286.jpeg

IMG_3285.jpeg

IMG_3279.jpeg

IMG_3316.jpeg

69783686921__AC824343-2BC2-4DB9-9F94-1744B3EC9A16.jpeg

IMG_3278.jpeg

IMG_3323.jpeg

• Like 1

only wish I knew how to post a video of one of the auctions......

Thanks @LuvMyViper but no Youtube.......guess that means more people will have to come out next year to see all the action.....