Baptiste Lake

Fergie

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction on how I can get onto Baptiste Lake from the west side of the lake.  Ideally I would like to hop onto the lake from Rangers Road or Jogi Road.  I was up last year and could not find any public access points.  I ended up running the roads and accessing the trail from South Baptiste Lake Road as I did not want to trespass without permission.

Does anyone know of any access points, or does anyone on this forum have a  property on the lake that you would be willing to give me permission to cut through a few times over the winter?

Edited by Fergie

Thank you for not trespassing.... too many don't care and do trespass making us look bad. Good luck in finding access.

I dont want to send you thru the ripples, so I dont think #620 to the west side of Elephant Lk is helpful.

Where are you starting from? The trail north of Cardiff #612 accesses Baptiste.

I'll be staying on Rangers Road.

The cottage I'm at and the neighbouring properties can not directly access the lake.  I can see the sleds going down the lake in front of us, I just can't get down onto the lake...

Crispy,

I will next time I am there, but in the meantime if there is someone on this forum that can help me I'd appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

image.png.ccb7c4beb075fe53bec8323a55f15e5a.png

The black portion of Dog Bay Road is plowed & a lot of brown showing in the middle (not a lot of snow remaining). On 180 I noticed where it comes very close to the lake (near north end of the red line) that sledders are jumping on the trail from the lake. For those of you that are familiar w/ the lake (if ice conditions are good) would it be safe to run the red track to avoid the road running? Normally I don't run off the stake lines if I'm not knowledgeable about a lake. 

I’ve been running the lake from close to where the island is South down to where the lake is staked.  This area is good with lots of sled tracks.  I haven’t been North of the island yet.  I have seen tracks heading that way though...

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, revrnd said:

image.png.ccb7c4beb075fe53bec8323a55f15e5a.png

The black portion of Dog Bay Road is plowed & a lot of brown showing in the middle (not a lot of snow remaining). On 180 I noticed where it comes very close to the lake (near north end of the red line) that sledders are jumping on the trail from the lake. For those of you that are familiar w/ the lake (if ice conditions are good) would it be safe to run the red track to avoid the road running? Normally I don't run off the stake lines if I'm not knowledgeable about a lake. 

Yes we run Baptiste south to the stake line from where 180 runs close to lake. I stay on east side of shore to go south. You can also go further north but be very careful. The narrows has open water, also know locally as the ripples. If you go north stay to west side and look for trail that cuts up hill and jumps on Clark rd to cross over to elephant and Benoit. You can go north all the way up to E109. I hear there is a short portage trail around the ripples on the east side now but I haven’t found it yet. I just always take Clarke across. Good luck. 

FE1CB095-C5E7-4D39-81F4-389A7E5EEC66.jpeg

DEB6429C-C050-4516-A13D-4DB4B9C77FE7.jpeg

Edited by J Feces
  • Thanks 1

Thank you! The spot that you've marked as open is that what the locals call, 'The Ripples'? For that very reason I'm not about to go exploring.

5 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Thank you! The spot that you've marked as open is that what the locals call, 'The Ripples'? For that very reason I'm not about to go exploring.

Exactly. I just edited and added comments that explains it. Check it out when it’s been cold mid season. A great way to run lots of ice and stay off the trails. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, J Feces said:

Exactly. I just edited and added comments that explains it. Check it out when it’s been cold mid season. A great way to run lots of ice and stay off the trails. 

I know a sledder that runs out of Pine Grove Park & another that has a cottage across Benoir from it. They're both of Faceplant, so I can get in touch w/ them for updates. Thanks for the help!

• Like 1