Christmas in February

revrnd

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Denis, the 2018 brochure says that the temp' gauge was standard, however looking @ the owners manual says it's optional. Is it possible to have it installed 'after the fact'?

revrnd, your sled definitely is supposed to include a temp gauge (as part of the premium gauge package which comes on every Blizzard, regardless of engine), in the lower left portion of the centre LCD screen...a series of bars, as Denis has indicated.  Under normal trail conditions, both of our Blizzards run at 4 bars once they are fully warmed up.  I think the reference in the manual to an optional engine temp. gauge is an extra-cost plug-and-play module which will give you the actual readout in degrees in the centre of that screen, in addition to the bar graph at the bottom left.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe you are correct ... also you get the lap timer, altitude, ambient temp, among other things. Engine temp is standard on the Buzzard package. 

OK, diggng thru the multitude of cluster pics, I found this: 

K) Heated Grips Intensity

Bar Gauge that indicates heating intensity. 

NOTE: There are nine intensity settings. When released, display will return to engine coolant temperature (if equipped)

22 hours ago, Denis007 said:

You have the premium gauge.... it's included. Your engine temperature shows on the left side bar graph. Supposed to anyways. 

Go outside  (if you're not sitting on the sled right now) and take a photo of the cluster.... idling please....

OK, before I left for my ride today I took these 2 pics

Idling:

5a838f7992368_2018BlizzardClusterIdling-Copy.thumb.jpg.959402762818bb4c065b35e351133ba2.jpg

When adjusting heated grips:

5a838fbc506ee_2018BlizzardClusterGripIndicator-Copy.thumb.jpg.9d2f2d497bab41122ef079b65c2732bc.jpg

When starting the sled & the cluster cycles thru, a thermometer icon is visible.

Nope .. something wrong there ... that blank space should show the engine temperature. Bob can you confirm? 

11 minutes ago, revrnd said:

OK, before I left for my ride today I took these 2 pics

Idling:

5a838f7992368_2018BlizzardClusterIdling-Copy.thumb.jpg.959402762818bb4c065b35e351133ba2.jpg

When adjusting heated grips:

5a838fbc506ee_2018BlizzardClusterGripIndicator-Copy.thumb.jpg.9d2f2d497bab41122ef079b65c2732bc.jpg

When starting the sled & the cluster cycles thru, a thermometer icon is visible.

I see the source of your confusion. Your top pic should show the thermometer icon and one bar in the lower left "slot" after machine is started and idling,..whereas yours is blank.  I had the same issue when I took delivery of my new Blizz in the fall. Easy fix, though...but has to go back to dealer and be plugged into BUDS to"activate" that coolant temp function.

6 minutes ago, irREVerent said:

I see the source of your confusion. Your top pic should show the thermometer icon and one bar in the lower left "slot" after machine is started and idling,..whereas yours is blank.  I had the same issue when I took delivery of my new Blizz in the fall. Easy fix, though...but has to go back to dealer and be plugged into BUDS to"activate" that coolant temp function.

Thanks, probably a quicker response than on DooTalk LOL

Archived