Route through Lindsay

Bigfish

Anyone familiar with Lindsay?

I am looking for a route through Lindsay that connects 210 with 309. I really don't want to do E108 all the around as it goes too far west.

I remember talking to someone a few years ago that claimed there was a way through, especially if the river was frozen.

Lindsay is not snowmobile friendly. A few years ago I and a buddy rode to the end of the trail at the river and a resident with a F150 left the road and nearly ran us over. Another guy drove by and middle fingered us. 

It might have been a guy with a twoup sled riding around looking for a way to the rail bed that got a few ppl peed.

I would avoid that nutcase town.

B 103 is closed apparently said on Facebook at Fenelon Falls

can anyone confirm and how is the railway line conditions

like to start from Sunderland to Haliburton but getting stories about B 103 at Fenelon Falls with the gate being closed

19 minutes ago, Yamaha Fan said:

Lindsay is not snowmobile friendly. A few years ago I and a buddy rode to the end of the trail at the river and a resident with a F150 left the road and nearly ran us over. Another guy drove by and middle fingered us. 

It might have been a guy with a twoup sled riding around looking for a way to the rail bed that got a few ppl peed.

I would avoid that nutcase town.

I'd love to avoid it, but the route around it takes you miles out of the way.

10 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

I'd love to avoid it, but the route around it takes you miles out of the way.

I usually drop at TBR and Hwy 35 then head up north. Less hassle.

25 minutes ago, Muskoka cat guy said:

like to start from Sunderland to Haliburton but getting stories about B 103 at Fenelon Falls with the gate being closed

Fenlon to Kinmount is open.  The OFSC Trail map shows a red portion from Kinmount to about a kilometre north, then shows open to Haliburton. It's probably where two clubs meet up (?) Weird.

1 hour ago, Yamaha Fan said:

I usually drop at TBR and Hwy 35 then head up north. Less hassle.

I agree, but I'm trying to ride from home, on Rice Lake to Fenlon Falls

22 hours ago, Bigfish said:

I agree, but I'm trying to ride from home, on Rice Lake to Fenlon Falls

not through town

I live on the very northern edge of Lindsay ...surrounded by private farm land..less than 2km from Thunderbridge rd....I trailer to Thunderbridge

3 hours ago, Muskoka cat guy said:

Did a drive by on Hwy 35 today just to see if said gate was opened or closed,it is open and groomed with lots of tracks.B103 is open.Showing yellow on the itg.

44 minutes ago, Dufftom said:

Did a drive by on Hwy 35 today just to see if said gate was opened or closed,it is open and groomed with lots of tracks.B103 is open.Showing yellow on the itg.

That's good to know. Thanks.

I avoid Lindsay. They don't like snowmobilers so i won't stop or shop there.

8 hours ago, Bigfish said:

Anyone familiar with Lindsay?

I am looking for a route through Lindsay that connects 210 with 309. I really don't want to do E108 all the around as it goes too far west.

I remember talking to someone a few years ago that claimed there was a way through, especially if the river was frozen.

You could ask Grizzly Griff. I wanted to do a tour around Lake Scugog last year and Grizzly said he would lead the way. Do to lack of snow we never did it. So I believe he knows a way across the river.

Archived