Gowganda to New Liskeard - A107q and A107c

Sevey

Have a question for anyone out there. Heard there was logging somewhere around Gowganda on the A107q. Also heard it was about to cease and the trail was to be backfilled with snow. Can anyone verify this?

Also, the river trail in New Liskeard A107C. It still appears as red. How long will it be until this opens. Been plenty cold up there and would think It would be solid by now.

Any help would be appreciated.

MS

2 hours ago, Sevey said:

Have a question for anyone out there. Heard there was logging somewhere around Gowganda on the A107q. Also heard it was about to cease and the trail was to be backfilled with snow. Can anyone verify this?

Also, the river trail in New Liskeard A107C. It still appears as red. How long will it be until this opens. Been plenty cold up there and would think It would be solid by now.

Any help would be appreciated.

MS

I think you mean trail A107C for the trail around Gowganda and A107Q for the lake trail at New Liskeard?? I believe that Lars was pulling snow off the banks onto the trail near Gowganda last Thursday or Friday by info in one of the threads on here. Someone else in the know will chime in here on both issues I'm sure.

6 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I think you mean trail A107C for the trail around Gowganda and A107Q for the lake trail at New Liskeard?? I believe that Lars was pulling snow off the banks onto the trail near Gowganda last Thursday or Friday by info in one of the threads on here. Someone else in the know will chime in here on both issues I'm sure.

The river trail is staked every so often and trail signs are up. It is well packed. 

So I gather they will be going green on the ofsc site shortly?

Thanks

MS

On 2017-02-07 at 9:44 PM, Sevey said:

So I gather they will be going green on the ofsc site shortly?

Thanks

MS

They are staking the Lake this weekend and will likely open up the A107Q end to end shortly after if all goes well. 

Stayed in Gowganda Tuesday night. Urs had not been able to properly repair the area on A107C yet.

They hadn't had much snow since the big melt down.

We woke up to probably  6ins. fresh snow in the morning.

Rode the A107C from Elk Lake to C it was all fine, bit rough in places on bush trails but with the new show Urs was going out and pretty sure it will be great now. Could check GEM Snowmobile Club Facebook or call Auld Reekie Lodge Urs is the owner.

Hope this helps.

This is encouraging.

Anyone the new L143 yet?  TImmins shows Green, GEM shows yellow.

Archived