barrys bay to pembroke

blue er

seen green trails on the itg decided winters to shart to sit around and trailer to barry's bay this morning, arrived parked and left from barrys bay at around 730 am the rail outta town was table top freshly groomed and we were the first to ride it, the first 60km were fast and smooth, it progressivly got worse by the time we got to the rail bed heading towards pembroke it was rough and ungroomed made it to irvings big stop for fuel and food at 10.

after eating headed back and it was busy busy busy may have been the roughest trails i ve been on in a long while, all do do traffic trails were getting icy in corners and stutter bumps everywhere, but on the good every sled we seen had a permit, only had a couple ricky racers out there sideways on corners 

overall 219km round trip one tank of fuel in sled and 80 bux in truck and way better than staying home

16 hours ago, gobills said:

Sounds like a good day.   I'm sure there will be a ton of snow x racers out tomorrow after watching the x games!!!  Btw did anyone else catch them pretty fun too watch

Yes I did.  Love the X games!! 

Glad to see you went out for a ride blue er!!!  That's awesome.  As the saying goes "a bad day sledding is better than a good day at work"

I have never seen so much traffic around here.

That said I have put on over 300 miles on this weekend , on top of that I spent 7 hours in the groomer last night with my wife riding shotgun  and i know that all groomers with in snow country were out grooming the main links . My wife and I hit the trails  around 10 am logged 110 miles, just back and trails are holding up great. But we need colder weather to make them last.

Just so you all know in district 6 / snow country we operate with volunteer groomer operators . So from me to all of them Thank You.

One more thing we were stopped by the o.p.p out of the Renfrew detachment , to date this was the best encounter with the law as we had one 5 year old with us and they made conversation with her.

Very Very professional cant say enough.

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/allaboutthatbase?source=feed_text&story_id=10154234483651430

3 hours ago, old sledhead said:

I have never seen so much traffic around here.

That said I have put on over 300 miles on this weekend , on top of that I spent 7 hours in the groomer last night with my wife riding shotgun  and i know that all groomers with in snow country were out grooming the main links . My wife and I hit the trails  around 10 am logged 110 miles, just back and trails are holding up great. But we need colder weather to make them last.

Just so you all know in district 6 / snow country we operate with volunteer groomer operators . So from me to all of them Thank You.

One more thing we were stopped by the o.p.p out of the Renfrew detachment , to date this was the best encounter with the law as we had one 5 year old with us and they made conversation with her.

Very Very professional cant say enough.

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/allaboutthatbase?source=feed_text&story_id=10154234483651430

Not sure what your point is. Clarify if you could.

Archived