Damage done to Seguin trail(C103D), and SSSC AGM

SuperG

Just a heads up in case some are ATVING in the area. The Seguin trail has 2 very significant washouts, 1 is  approx 7-8 kms East of the petro can gas station on the 400 hwy in parry sound about 1.5 kms from tally ho swords rd crossing. The other is about half a km east of tally ho swords rd. Both had their culverts let go due to the damaging rain amount received. A detour is in place. Coming from ps way going EB. Turn left on tambasco trail then turn left onto tally ho swords rd, go for about 3 kms then turn right onto hwy 518 for approx 2.5 kms then you can reconnect to the trail. the same in reverse going WB towards ps. These will take quite some time for Park to Park to fix and this will not be done in a week. Will advise when its fixed. 

ALSO,

South Seguin Snowmobile Club
Elections
Date: September 24th, 2016
Time: 7:30pm 

Thanks for the info Gavin.

Glad to hear this was weather related. The subject name made me think wevery were talking damage by humans.

thanks for the news, 

thanks in advance to those who are able to get it fixed up.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, 

Just a bit of a trail update. We still have the two major washouts on the seguin trail(C103D) near Orrville. We were recently given about 60% of the funding to fix them but we are still a bit short :(. Since then we have set up a gofund me page in hopes to get some more funds that will bring us to our $13,000 goal. If we don't get enough then it'll mean more road riding to detour around it. So if you ride the Seguin trail(C103D,Park2Park) trails at all, then if you could find some spare change hanging around it would be appreciated to donate so we can keep this trail fully open. Its best to donate through the Park 2 park website www.parktoparktrail.org that way gofundme doesnt get a % of the proceeds. As well Park to park is a charitable donation so donations of I believe 25$ or more are able to receive a charitable donation receipt. If you can't donate then PLEASE share and spread the word. 

Another side note, Myself along with a few other SSSC volunteers, decided and started last weekend building a warming shack. Its 10x10 nothing big but enough to warm up if need be. The plumbing shop in rosseau donated all material to build and I donated the wood stove, another donated a window and door. We have located it at the Seguin Falls bridge near Orrville. Remember, support those that support the sport. If you need plumbing needs he is the man to do the job. Plumbers crack is free :) . 

Thanks and lets all gear up for a great season! :) 

Gee whiz, SuperG, it was a great post, up until the second-last sentence. LOL

1 hour ago, SuperG said:

Since then we have set up a gofund me page in hopes to get some more funds that will bring us to our $13,000 goal. If we don't get enough then it'll mean more road riding to detour around it. So if you ride the Seguin trail(C103D,Park2Park) trails at all, then if you could find some spare change hanging around it would be appreciated to donate so we can keep this trail fully open. Its best to donate through the Park 2 park website www.parktoparktrail.org that way gofundme doesnt get a % of the proceeds. As well Park to park is a charitable donation so donations of I believe 25$ or more are able to receive a charitable donation receipt. If you can't donate then PLEASE share and spread the word. 

Looks to me as though the Park 2 Park website uses the same Gofundme method....

Great news on the warm up shack. It's great that the community donated so much toward it. You mentioned the trail need at the sled show. My wife went online and made a donation. If you have a picture of the washout like I saw that day.... A picture is worth a thousand words. If people see how bad it is then they may be more motivated to donate. The picture really drove home how bad it is for me. On top of that P2P it seems is eating $2500+ for ATV repairs they can't afford. 

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

Looks to me as though the Park 2 Park website uses the same Gofundme method....

Yes I just went on it and it seems to go to gofund me site anyway. I dunno if there is some way when you click on p2p site and hit the donate button on it, it may not take the % off then. I will double check with pete in the morning an clarify!

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

Great news on the warm up shack. It's great that the community donated so much toward it. You mentioned the trail need at the sled show. My wife went online and made a donation. If you have a picture of the washout like I saw that day.... A picture is worth a thousand words. If people see how bad it is then they may be more motivated to donate. The picture really drove home how bad it is for me. On top of that P2P it seems is eating $2500+ for ATV repairs they can't afford. 

Yes all great on the shack :). I'll try to figure out how to get a pic up on here, not too computer literate with that aspect. 

An yes unfortunately for now p2p is having to eat some of those repairs but im pretty sure that the little worm will get the conviction of taking without permission and therefore the courts will order him to have to pay FULL restitution! Here's hoping. An thank you and your wife very much for your donation! 

7 hours ago, SuperG said:

Yes I just went on it and it seems to go to gofund me site anyway. I dunno if there is some way when you click on p2p site and hit the donate button on it, it may not take the % off then. I will double check with pete in the morning an clarify!

Yes all great on the shack :). I'll try to figure out how to get a pic up on here, not too computer literate with that aspect. 

An yes unfortunately for now p2p is having to eat some of those repairs but im pretty sure that the little worm will get the conviction of taking without permission and therefore the courts will order him to have to pay FULL restitution! Here's hoping. An thank you and your wife very much for your donation! 

To add a picture when you reply or quote, just below where you are keying you will see a symbol of a paper clip and Click to choose files. Click there and it opens a window to let you select and load your picture 

• 1 month later...

So everyones aware, the two washouts on the Seguin trail(C103D) near Orrville have been FIX! No road running this year. YAY :) 

IMG_2863.JPG

IMG_2882.JPG

IMG_2884.JPG

IMG_2886.JPG

IMG_2888.JPG

IMG_2890.JPG

IMG_2891.JPG

IMG_2892.JPG

Thanks to all involved in fixing it.

Archived