GoFundMe - New Groomer Fund

Claire Voyant

$199

I think raising permit fees to $200. would work, but you don't have to be clairvoyant to see that raising the fees to $350. would destroy the sport within one season. Winter tourism is very fragile

in Ontario as it is...

If permit is raised, you have to get rid of the 25 a day two day pass, plus free weekend has to go. Otherwise sales will tank, especially in 5 and 9.

IIRC, Multi day is going to $35 / day.  Not sure if that is this year or next, though.

IIRC, Multi day is going to $35 / day. Not sure if that is this year or next, though.

That is good news! Thanks for update!

they have the free weekend in quebec . Paying a few dollars more for your permit will mean better trails

I doubt it. I think it means we can either slow or stop the decline in what we have and maintain status quo. To have better trails I think would need more than a few dollars more.

if it means paying 240$ or 260$ im all for it .As long as the cash goes to the trails

The ofsc should be in excellent shape for this coming winter. No snow in the south, so those groomers and equipment should be ready to roll, with minimal work. Fuel savings in the south last winter as well. If sales are strong on permit side, 199 permit like Blake said would help. If you raise it to 240 and everyone waits for snow and buys those multi day pass, it could be bad news.

The ofsc should be in excellent shape for this coming winter. No snow in the south, so those groomers and equipment should be ready to roll, with minimal work. Fuel savings in the south last winter as well. If sales are strong on permit side, 199 permit like Blake said would help. If you raise it to 240 and everyone waits for snow and buys those multi day pass, it could be bad news.

Yup lots of clubs down here didn't open, or if they did it was only for a few weeks at the most. So there should be lots of money in the bank.

I'd go to $220 with no issues. Beyond that, I'm not sure with the limited amount of riding I do, I could stick with it. I've had my current sled 8 years have only put 5500kms on it.

Archived