lake of bays

mxzexpress

That's a good question and you may get some responses. I just want to say that Lake Joseph, another large Muskoka lake, had large expanses of open water yesterday.

i did read that earlier on here,maybe you were the one that posted it?

Yes. Wasn't sure if you'd seen it. Hopefully some folks will post information specific to LOB.

Channel in Dorset is massive, don't go,if you don't know

There are tracks in Trading bay, along the lakes main section east of Baysville, and from the Dorset She'll station out onto the lake. The channel between Trading and the lake is open water.

Based on this comment I'm guessing there's no beaten path to connect Dorset and 76?

There are sled tracks on the lake, and there are tracks out from behind the shell station heading east and north east. Trading Bay is staked connecting Kawagama Lake road to 63.

The narrows between Trading and the lake are open, and will likely remain unsafe as the Bigwin boat is docked in the channel and they are not allowing ice to set in around the boat.

Trading Bay is staked connecting Kawagama Lake road to 63.

For some reason I cannot make sense of this.

post-22473-0-89269300-1455545123_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Old Sledder. Got it now.

Where is the open water with the Bigwin boat docked, red circle, or blue circle?

post-22473-0-12578600-1455545497_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Old Sledder. It all makes sense now.

In my mind, Trading Bay is the large bay west of Dorset. At first I thought you were saying a sledder would encounter open water between the Shell station and the big lake.

And wouldn't the sled tracks from behind the Shell be heading west, not east?

Thanks, Old Sledder. It all makes sense now.

In my mind, Trading Bay is the large bay west of Dorset. At first I thought you were saying a sledder would encounter open water between the Shell station and the big lake.

If you go on the lake from the Shell station (not advocating anyone go on any non-staked lake) stay away from the Old Mill Marina and the channel. Old mill has published in their newsletter that sledders are not welcome in/on or near the marina property due to ice bubblers. This and the presence of the Bigwin makes the Dorset Narrows area dangerous.

If you go on the lake from the Shell station (not advocating anyone go on any non-staked lake) stay away from the Old Mill Marina and the channel. Old mill has published in their newsletter that sledders are not welcome in/on or near the marina property due to ice bubblers. This and the presence of the Bigwin makes the Dorset Narrows area dangerous.

Sorry, Old Sledder...now I'm confused as well...isn't Old Mill Marina still on Kawagama Lake (not LOB)?  Do you mean the Pride Marina outlet on the south shore of LOB?

And isn't the open water at Dorset in the usual place through the Narrows (channel under the bridge) between Little Trading Bay to the east of the village/Hwy. 35, and Trading Bay on the main lake to the west? 

Sorry, Old Sledder...now I'm confused as well...isn't Old Mill Marina still on Kawagama Lake (not LOB)? Do you mean the Pride Marina outlet on the south shore of LOB?

And isn't the open water at Dorset in the usual place through the Narrows (channel under the bridge) between Little Trading Bay to the east of the village/Hwy. 35, and Trading Bay on the main lake to the west?

Old Mill has a pop up shop in the narrows, they have installed big docks and store several boats there. The narrows are obviously open. Old sledder means little trading bay, to the east of the narrows. It is indeed staked.

Archived