Petawawa to Rolphton and beyond??

sledzz

Just another guy here wondering if conditions are good enough to bother taking the sled up with me to Petawawa to put some miles on?? Any first hand experience lately? Would I be best to go North from Petawawa or go down to Pembroke and west over to Barrys Bay area?

thanks for any info provided.

Just another guy here wondering if conditions are good enough to bother taking the sled up with me to Petawawa to put some miles on?? Any first hand experience lately? Would I be best to go North from Petawawa or go down to Pembroke and west over to Barrys Bay area?

thanks for any info provided.

Hoefully Iangi from the forum here will check this post, they were doing this ride a couple of days ago.

I'd suggest heading north from Petawawa, was up that way this past weekend and trails were good, and got better 10-20 minutes out of town towards Deep River.

Great, thanks for the info. Any suggestions on a nice place for lunch, leaving from Petawawa in the morning with the wife. So maybe 60- 80 km north of Pet?

There is the Bears Den in Deep River, and the Rolphton restaurant along Highway 17, trails lead right to both places.

Dropped at the bears den on Saturday and rode the loop trails up to stonecliffe and back. 200km + day. Trails were great. Well groomed and plenty of snow with a good base. You wont be disappointed. Scratch that itch! :)

I was out today Deep River, west to Rolphton and out on the 132, 134 trails and they were awesome, heading out again tomorrow.

Definitely head N from Pet Sledzz. I left Pembroke and went to Mattawa and back yesterday for a total of 509 kms for the day.

The pipeline from Pet to Chalk was brutal washboard, standing up most of the way. Right after Deep the trails are great and the groomer was out last night to get them back up to excellent. I always recomend the 131, 132, 134 trails (131 was rough last night though) as they are low traffic, wide trails.

Recommend you keep on going to Rolphton and Stonecliffe for gas and do the 195 loop. Restaurant recommendations above are great, I just pop in to Timmy's in Deep to grab a bite and head back out.

I couldn't get enough yesterday and keep on going to Mattawa but the A112A going in was pretty rough.

The trails are really great, get out and put on some miles.

Archived