Northern Trip

Mr Fixit

Wildman:

I have never been clear to the east end of that "goat path", but the topo maps show the road comming out RIGHT AT Chap. This is NOT a trail on the east end - it is a big logging road.

We got so far and things just started to seem like "people" may be over the next hill, so we buggered back to the safety of the bush. ;)

This is also why I say that it is easier to doo from the west the first time.

On the old O.C. board there was a map posted, by zrtkat I believe, it was the same map I had as well, you didn't see it?

anyways if I remember right, there was something about pintail.....not sure if it was a lake or a road, but it was to the south of Chapleau.....at least that is the way I understood it. I never spent much time looking for it, as I was conserned about time..........I wish I had found it, I wanted to get a gps waypoint as well as plot the whole trail. Maybe this year I will go back and find it.

I think you mean Pineal Lake. There is a track for the "goat path" west of Chapleau. Here's the link:

http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77008

Thanks to all who replyed :)

Looks like we have some thinking to do.

I'm sure either way, we'll have a blast and we'll try to take alot of pics :lol::lol::lol:

Wildman,

last year someone sent me some "tracks" gps maps, of it looks like the south east of 13. Theselon to spanish and up to Aubry falls. I can email them to ya if you want. let me know

Wildman:

I have never been clear to the east end of that "goat path", but the topo maps show the road comming out RIGHT AT Chap. This is NOT a trail on the east end - it is a big logging road.

We got so far and things just started to seem like "people" may be over the next hill, so we buggered back to the safety of the bush. ;)

This is also why I say that it is easier to doo from the west the first time.

On the old O.C. board there was a map posted, by zrtkat I believe, it was the same map I had as well, you didn't see it?

anyways if I remember right, there was something about pintail.....not sure if it was a lake or a road, but it was to the south of Chapleau.....at least that is the way I understood it. I never spent much time looking for it, as I was conserned about time..........I wish I had found it, I wanted to get a gps waypoint as well as plot the whole trail. Maybe this year I will go back and find it.

Does anyone have a printable copy of the map that used to be on the old site????

Jonesy, I understand your frustration when you look at how far we want to go in the time alloted, but you have to realize, for us to do a trip to this area costs 12 to 1500 dollars. We have no snow here, most winters we have 1-2 weeks of snow, most years you could mow the lawn in the winter. When we take a week off work to go ride, that is exactly what we do........and it is fun for us, we sit in the garage and drink beer and bench race untill we can get time off to go. If I had 3-4 months of winter right out my back door my outlook would be a mirror of yours. No negativity here........just want you to try and understand it from the other side...........for us to ride 3-400m a day isn't all that bad when we ride 2 or 3 good trips a year :lol:

Wildman, I agree completly. When traveling so far (Some in our group drive 17 hours to get there) it doesn't make sense to not take advantage of the fantastic trails, beautiful scenery, and great people and get out there and put some serious miles on each day. 200-300 miles in my opinion is not a long day, it is a great day!! :D:D I just wish it was closer to take advantage of the area more than once a year.

I koodn't git that file to open - something aboot registry?

Pineal is SW of Chap and then you would head west to the D trail and north to Halfway. You just need to know which trail to turn on. By mid season it will be beat down and be obvious unless your right behind a snowstorm.

Not sure what your map shows?

I've uploaded the file to a thread on the GPS forum.

I koodn't git that file to open - something aboot registry?

Archived