2007 500 4stroke venture

ToSlow

iv'e got a chance to buy one of these sleds, it's a two up with 1300 k's.

i was wondering if anyone had any info on this model, the good and the bad.

thanks

Well i purchased a 2014 venture mp with the 500cc 4 stroke engine and rode it for a season and a half. Sold it at a big loss?? Its a tank that make ice bergs in the tunnel adding 100lbs to the sled and also the suspenion gets iced up from all the water dripping and freezing?? Engine is good but noisy , revs high (12000 rpm max), lots of track howl that drove me bonkers?? Oh all the front end and rear cargo  areas were rusting very bad after a season and half., It was good on fuel, once broke in i got 22 mpg on a canadian gallon. 

If i had my gps plugged into the 12 volt socket and the machine running it would not go into reverse, shut down , pull the plug from the 12 v socket and it would go into reverse ( a real pain in the butt).  There was also a lot of recalls for different things on the older lites, Sorry i can't recommend this machine to anyone.

Bought my wife a 2007 Phazer; great sled for her. It was a little tippy but perhaps the long track will not be as noticeable. Very good on fuel and never noticed the icy mentioned in the other post.  I would recommend this sled for you. 

"and the machine running it would not go into reverse" I never figured out how to get into reverse without it running? :wtf: 

I think engine is the strong point. It will ride better then your apex because the longer track will bridge bumps. Have to knock off the ice at fuel stops using a hammer. I do that with my grand touring too. Long tracks seem to build ice like crazy but do run cooler in marginal conditions because of the longer track and increased air flow. yamaha has always been weak in suspension technology and ease of adjustment. Not sure if this model is mono shock and a newer spring torsion type they had. Do some research there. Price is right I think you will enjoy riding it. Good luck!

Well i purchased a 2014 venture mp with the 500cc 4 stroke engine and rode it for a season and a half. Sold it at a big loss?? Its a tank that make ice bergs in the tunnel adding 100lbs to the sled and also the suspenion gets iced up from all the water dripping and freezing?? Engine is good but noisy , revs high (12000 rpm max), lots of track howl that drove me bonkers?? Oh all the front end and rear cargo  areas were rusting very bad after a season and half., It was good on fuel, once broke in i got 22 mpg on a canadian gallon. 

If i had my gps plugged into the 12 volt socket and the machine running it would not go into reverse, shut down , pull the plug from the 12 v socket and it would go into reverse ( a real pain in the butt).  There was also a lot of recalls for different things on the older lites, Sorry i can't recommend this machine to anyone.

whoa...the yammi guys are probably on the way to your house now...nobody...and I mean nobody speaks of yammiheavy like that...ok..ok;other than me...lol...honest(personal)opinion is what this forum is about

whoa...the yammi guys are probably on the way to your house now...nobody...and I mean nobody speaks of yammiheavy like that...ok..ok;other than me...lol...honest(personal)opinion is what this forum is about

On my way with a case of beer  :lol:

"and the machine running it would not go into reverse" I never figured out how to get into reverse without it running? :wtf: 

very funny...just like a 5 ton truck.push clutch in,release air brake.let clutch out slowly.on yammi...regardless your stuck.to answer your question about not running,must be a cold morning.try a blow dryer & cables,while you wait chat it up with other yammi guys while you share yammi down falls...

best story when we were in kap, was apexman keepin up with carter.we were all cryin with laughter...not the sled..its the guy that rides it

see you soon buddy

no..ish joke,i'm getting DZ ticket so we can trade sleds sometime...sorry hard to stop...just like a yammi...boy I hope I don't break down with you guys

no..ish joke,i'm getting DZ ticket so we can trade sleds sometime...sorry hard to stop...just like a yammi...boy I hope I don't break down with you guys

lol. your crazy.

i'm looking for something for the wife and kids. most of there riding will be for no more than a couple hrs run and back.

i think this will be the perfect sled being a 4stroke that is not fast but reliable. plus it's a two up so saves me from buying two more sleds...

Archived