Extreame Tour to Mooseonee

Big Pussy

Has anyone done the tour to Mooseonee ?  When ?  What did you think of it ?

BP

Never done it but looks like a neat experience. Need a group of 8 or 10 people and March is apparently best time to go.

We did it about 10 years ago.  I was interesting and worth doing.  The accommodations were exceptionally "rustic" to say the least; what would you expect?  If you're the type that get to know you're sleeping on freshly washed 600 thread count sheets, this probably isn't he trip for you!  If you've stayed at 3 Bears and think it's just like home; you're going to be okay.  The riding is not too challenging unless you don't follow William, in which case you might just find a spot and fall into the river or hit one of those snow covered rocks along the way.   I think, if you like riding northern Ontario, it's a must do trip.  Keep us posted on your plans, I might have a couple that would like to do a trip like this if you need a few more.

I did this trip in 2009 with 7 others.  It went well and the accomadations were what I expected.  I was looking for people that have done it recently to see what has changed.  I would assume that there are lots of guys doing this now without a guide since the sleds go much farther on a tank of gas, but I think they would still need to carry gas or get it from William.  I would still go with a guide since anything can happen.  It wouild be a good experience for my son to go on since he was not in the group.

BP

post-22018-0-22689500-1445261743_thumb.jpgpost-22018-0-20790900-1445261817_thumb.jpgpost-22018-0-04608100-1445261669_thumb.jpg

Never done it but looks like a neat experience. Need a group of 8 or 10 people and March is apparently best time to go.

I'd call and get the straight goods about best time and group size, I called late march this year and they were done for the season, and not sure about group size, but pretty sure they'll take a booking for a smaller group.   

I'd call and get the straight goods about best time and group size, I called late march this year and they were done for the season, and not sure about group size, but pretty sure they'll take

a booking for a smaller group.

The ice gets un predicable near end of march, i assume. Some years they could be done early march too. Normal winter mid feb to early march would be best I would imagine. Maybe Bill will be at the show this year again.

A couple of years ago there was a big crew going, a bunch from Hearst.  We made lots of money off them, one burned an engine, another busted a chaincase, another did cartwheels down the river .... good times if you don't ride like a moron and/or hit a rock at warp speed .... Not for me anyway, too straight, fast and cold.  

I'll take the twisty bush trails anyday over straight line riding... more chance of catching SJ jacked up a tree ... lol !

A couple of years ago there was a big crew going, a bunch from Hearst.  We made lots of money off them, one burned an engine, another busted a chaincase, another did cartwheels down the river .... good times if you don't ride like a moron and/or hit a rock at warp speed .... Not for me anyway, too straight, fast and cold.  

I'll take the twisty bush trails anyday over straight line riding... more chance of catching SJ jacked up a tree ... lol !

That is funny Dennis. I can so see that happening. Similar things happen on the lakes in central Ontario, when you hit a pressure crack.

Ouch!!!

Archived