Chalet des Grondeurs - Val Rita (Northern Corridor)

Claire Voyant

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, but...

For any of you with deep pockets, here's a nice little piece of property. The former clubhouse in Val Rita (west of Kapuskasing) in District 15. Building is owned by the municipality, and neither they nor the snowmobile club can afford to operate it anymore. It's a shame that it sits idle and empty now....especially on the minus 30 days of riding!

Just thought I'd throw this out there, just in case someone wanted their own slice of the Northern Corridor Adventure.

http://www.recreationland.net/recreation_land_for_sale/ontario/Cottages_and_Cabins_For_Sale/File_5_-_Large_Group_or_Club_Opportunity/index.html

Yup, when I win the lottery I'll buy that up, along with the one in Mattice, where I'll promptly move in and make myself a home....

There's something that can be done with a clubhouse with good road access, there's options.  Just need someone to build it up and make something of it.

It's on my lottery dream list, too!

The Mattice clubhouse includes 25 acres along the historic Missinaibi river for $120,000.  Sounds like a great place for a destination resort, if you ask me. Or just a big honkin' B&B for all your rowdy friends.

Let's hope somebody makes these places happen.

We never stopped @ les Grondeurs' clubhouse. It was either @ the start or end of a day (Kap').

I guess w/ the Moonbeam clubhouse, it's kind of the social hub for the area. We've seen folks there that weren't sledders.

We never stopped @ les Grondeurs' clubhouse. It was either @ the start or end of a day (Kap').

I guess w/ the Moonbeam clubhouse, it's kind of the social hub for the area. We've seen folks there that weren't sledders.

The Moonbeam clubhouse is very much a gathering place for the locals. The old retirees like to go for a beverage and the church crowd is always there for brunch.

Not to take anything away from Moonbeam, but always thought that the Chalet des Grondeurs had more atmosphere. Have always been surprised at the number of sledders I meet who have never been inside. Just too close to Kapuskasing, I guess. Not a long enough ride for some people. Too bad.

Have always been surprised at the number of sledders I meet who have never been inside. Just too close to Kapuskasing, I guess. Not a long enough ride for some people. Too bad.

X2

I think that was the issue.

The Moonbeam clubhouse is very much a gathering place for the locals. The old retirees like to go for a beverage and the church crowd is always there for brunch.

Not to take anything away from Moonbeam, but always thought that the Chalet des Grondeurs had more atmosphere. Have always been surprised at the number of sledders I meet who have never been inside. Just too close to Kapuskasing, I guess. Not a long enough ride for some people. Too bad.

I wonder if it is too close to Moombeam clubhouse? Moonbeam has a reputation far & wide as being a great place to stop. We have always planned our lunchstop around Moonbeam Clubhouse when travelling in that area and so we aren't ready to stop again till late in the day.

I read somewhere a while back that the Moonbeam clubhouse isn't open through the week this year due to volunteer shortage. Does anyone know if this is true? Hope not cause we are going through there a couple of times the 2nd week of March.

I wonder if it is too close to Moombeam clubhouse? Moonbeam has a reputation far & wide as being a great place to stop. We have always planned our lunchstop around Moonbeam Clubhouse when travelling in that area and so we aren't ready to stop again till late in the day.

I read somewhere a while back that the Moonbeam clubhouse isn't open through the week this year due to volunteer shortage. Does anyone know if this is true? Hope not cause we are going through there a couple of times the 2nd week of March

Sadly, it's true. Thursdays thru Sundays only.

Archived