Not A OLD Boys Club Anymore

old sledhead

You are indeed preaching to the choir but are entitled to vent a little. THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THOSE YEARS AND COUNTLESS HOURS YOU DEVOTED TO SUSTAINING THE TRAILS SO MANY TAKE FOR GRANTED!!!!! :right_on:  :right_on: I believe you just spoke for a lot of volunteers.

As everyone above has already said.  But I figure you don't hear it enough.  THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK OVER THE YEARS AND DEDICATION.  I hope you stay healthy and get to enjoy life as we all know it.  Hopefully someone is able to step up and keep the club going as you did.  Good luck :right_on: :right_on:

I hear what you are saying about not much fun being part of a club at times. I was looking at what being part of our club meant a couple of years ago and found it meant things like working long days at fund raisers, working on admin, working on trails and more work.

We started to look at trying to put some fun back into things. We have had for a long time the Wednesday Wanderers who head out mid week for a group ride. You had to either be retired or skip work to participate. I skipped work a couple of times and found that it was well worth it but I can't take every Wed off in sledding season. Last year we began Saturday group rides. Snowcrest is doing the same. Sometimes the group will be small or at times large. 50+ sleds to the ice caves on Giants Tomb (Georgian Bay) last winter. Feb 21 Baxter is having an outdoor fun day in conjunction with our local ATV club who we work exceptionally well with at Luckys Primitive Cooking on Honey Harbour Rd. (plug)

The goal is to put fun back into being a member of the club. If we are to survive it can't be all work.

I have tried to get things started in the club like a Thursday or Friday night family run , or club house has a full kitchen thought we could gather have a bite to eat head out on a short run  to another club or restaurant  . Just a 1/2 hour to a hour run one way, I received lots of thats a good idea but when i asked  people if they could look after this again no takers. But on a good note our groomer is up and running again and I just finished 6 hours grooming on my only afternoon off

tomorrow I ride

Most including myself do appreciate all your years of volunteer services.

Thank you for your years of service.

God help the next snowmobiler that stops me in the groomer calls me at home or even better comes into my work to complain about trails and to inform me they paid for a permit and I better get at it.

I'm surprised we don't find more people bludgeoned to death on the trail.....

After riding last weekend and finally getting on more trails than we brushed, I get frustrated to see the little standy up children who just can;t play nice on the trails.  Its these same children that won;t volunteer.  They are in for a big surprise someday.  The sense of entitlement doesn't replace volunteers!

That said, there are some youth who are volunteering and have been taught to pitch it. 

Old Sledhead!  Thanks for 24 years... and more to come if you are going to continue grooming.  Hope you get out and enjoy the trails and stick around here for some good times!

24 years! I lasted 6 before I burned out! My hat is off to you!

Archived