going north this weekend? check ahead=updated

slomo

Lots of power outages and road flooding in central Ontario due to the rain and wind. Check for power outages at:

http://www.hydroonenetworks.com/en/abou ... th_map.asp

You might want to anticipate no electronic purchases, gas pumps down etc. Local newspapers have been reporting road flooding and closures.

Friday pm

Driving up -2- Parry Sound through Gravenhurst, it appears most areas have electricity restored. Rivers and streams along the way are overflowing. Too dark to see immediate area around here, will report tomorrow.

Sadly, it is a field of green and brown up highway 12/lake ridge road north...most of the Port Perry area seems to be wiped clean of snow and the clubs north up to Beaverton. Once you reach Gravenhurst latitude there is more snow left on the ground, with melting on large rocks etc. Still some ice cover on Lake Joseph, but yellowy.

Around my place north of Parry Sound, about 1 foot of compressed snow, with crust on top. With a freeze and some snow, maybe trails will come back. Lots of water still running.

Lots of power outages and road flooding in central Ontario due to the rain and wind. Check for power outages at:

http://www.hydroonenetworks.com/en/abou ... th_map.asp

You might want to anticipate no electronic purchases, gas pumps down etc. Local newspapers have been reporting road flooding and closures.

Friday pm

Driving up -2- Parry Sound through Gravenhurst, it appears most areas have electricity restored. Rivers and streams along the way are overflowing. Too dark to see immediate area around here, will report tomorrow.

Sadly, it is a field of green and brown up highway 12/lake ridge road north...most of the Port Perry area seems to be wiped clean of snow and the clubs north up to Beaverton. Once you reach Gravenhurst latitude there is more snow left on the ground, with melting on large rocks etc. Still some ice cover on Lake Joseph, but yellowy.

Around my place north of Parry Sound, about 1 foot of compressed snow, with crust on top. With a freeze and some snow, maybe trails will come back. Lots of water still running.

I'm glad to report, we got snow here in Sudbury last night and today, I'm not sure what the accumulation amounted to, but he ground is white..................... :P

The ground is white in Pefferlaw, too. Just a dusting, but it means that it wasn't melting.

Baby steps, I know!

COME ON SNOW :!::!::!:

Maple and I just came back from Midland - it's snowing pretty good up there right now - let's hope it keeps up!!! Not much here near Barrie but a light dusting overnight. The forecast is looking like lots more snow to come on Monday :D

ya we got 15-20cm in Sudbury

and another 10-15 starting tomorow after noon :mrgreen:

Maple and I just came back from Midland -

Curiouser and Curiouser :? :P

Are you scared yet Mr. Mouse?

I'd say we got another 10 cm last night, they're calling for another 3cm today! I think we have more snow now than before the melt. :P

I'd say we got another 10 cm last night, they're calling for another 3cm today! I think we have more snow now than before the melt. :P

Great news Evil!!! It's snowing here in Barrie too! The ground is now all white again - YIPEEE - and still snowing! The long-range forecast is also promising with very cold temps to freeze up all that nasty water - and SNOW!!!

Great news Evil!!! It's snowing here in Barrie too! The ground is now all white again - YIPEEE - and still snowing! The long-range forecast is also promising with very cold temps to freeze up all that nasty water - and SNOW!!!

Snowing here too! Enough to get the ground white and yes it is still snowing. :D

Archived