Four County Tour ?

rolly608

Was out yesterday in the Neustat area and saw signs with this on it. Any one have any info on it? Would like to try it some time. Thanks

Hey Rolly. It's supposed to be a Wellington/Grey/Bruce/Huron I believe mid-district tour. Issue this year of course is snow or lack thereof. It was originally a good idea but we forgot to factor snow load. Still working on it. The plan is eventually to have 3 possibly 4 loops set up where you could base out of one spot and ride a different one each day.

Thanks for the info Faceman. Never heard of it until yesterday. Will be good to run when all is ready. Was heading in your direction yesterday, but with the rain and fog down here, decided to stay closer to home.

Hey Rolly. It's supposed to be a Wellington/Grey/Bruce/Huron I believe mid-district tour. Issue this year of course is snow or lack thereof. It was originally a good idea but we forgot to factor snow load. Still working on it. The plan is eventually to have 3 possibly 4 loops set up where you could base out of one spot and ride a different one each day.

Hey Faceman, the clubs also forgot to put the signs up. That would be a big help.

Hey Faceman, the clubs also forgot to put the signs up. That would be a big help.

Which clubs forgot to put the signs up? Please be specific since the first post indicates that more than one sign has in fact been put up.

Sorry to stir the pot, but the 2 signs I saw were at the same split in the trail. Each giving opposite directions at the "T"...  I think the intersection was 267 or 269 not positive though. Doesn `t really matter, as Faceman said...not enough snow to get it going anyway. Was not intending to start a negative post that`s for sure.

Sorry to stir the pot, but the 2 signs I saw were at the same split in the trail. Each giving opposite directions at the "T"...  I think the intersection was 267 or 269 not positive though. Doesn `t really matter, as Faceman said...not enough snow to get it going anyway. Was not intending to start a negative post that`s for sure.

Sorry, nor did I but every time I see clubs used in a general sense for something not done or done improperly, it bothers me that the clubs that do things right get thrown in with the others. On another note, if we get many more signs to put up, I'm going to have to buy a 3rd battery for the drill.

Glad that the OFSC has grown from "loops" to "snow tours".

Haven't heard about the Four County Tour - thx for sharing.

The beauty of the 4 County was you can start and finish anywhere. One end was Owen Sound, south on rail line then west to Desboro/Chesley. It continued over to the west coast side then down through ( I'm thinking) Teeswater/Mildmay into Clifford then south to Palmerston. It then swung east to Mt Forest and then back to the rail  line and north to Owen Sound. There is/was a second tour which ran the Same rail line but went into and around the Beaver Valley. They are well thought out routes which we hope to expand on. 

Archived