parking in bracebridge

saddlebagger1

left my truck and trailer at gull lake rotery park to ride to cochrane with friend. opp called wife and said to move truck. was allways told this was a dropoff spot. has that changed?

I will let our club Prez know about this.....

I will let our club Prez know about this.....

Looking in to this now with the Town of Gravenhurst. It's after hours so I hope to have an answer tomorrow. This is a snowmobile staging area and no one has notified Snowcrest of any change. Not sure why OPP would be involved and not the Town Bylaw dept, if this was a concern. I will get back to you and saddlebagger1.   

sorry my stupid. it was bracebridge opp that called, the truck and trailer was in gavenhurst at gull lake.

sorry my stupid. it was bracebridge opp that called, the truck and trailer was in gavenhurst at gull lake.

NP. "Gull Lk Rotary Park" gave it away that you were talking about Gravenhurst. I saw the truck and trailer there for a couple of days. 

Right now there is a pickup truck parked at Gull Lake Rotary Park. I think overnight parking has been the norm there for sledders, has it not?

Aren't the trails closed. How can one ride from there to cochrane now?

Aren't the trails closed. How can one ride from there to cochrane now?

Thinking the same thing

They sled/truck pooled up to Cochrane guys..

i leave newcastle, he leaves paris, we meet in gravenhurst put my sled in his trailer and drive to cochrane together. we do this once or twice a year for 7 -9 days .we do the canyon,ride to wawa and back and ride to newliskard and back. hence the name saddlebagger.  this year i met nunz at the canyon and in hearst. went for a ride together.

left my truck and trailer at gull lake rotery park to ride to cochrane with friend. opp called wife and said to move truck. was allways told this was a dropoff spot. has that changed?

The Town of Gravenhurst Chief Bylaw Officer was surprised the OPP was involved. He advised in the future, to get the officers name and #. As far as the town is concerned, it is still a snowmobile staging area and there is no issue with overnight parking. If you have any problems in the future, please contact Snowcrest Riders, and will will assist.   

thanks 2b. hope to be heading north again soon

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the sign at Gull Lake Rotary Park in Gravenhurst:

SNOWMOBILE STAGING AREA

OVERNIGHT PARKING PERMITTED

December 1st - March 31st.

I think the police officer may have been unaware of our town"s winter parking policy at this site.

post-22473-0-90647500-1421370695_thumb.jpg

Good post once again Blake

Archived