Hillclimb - Kirkland Lake

Ultrafrozen

Some vintage footage from the good old days.  I was off to the right and remember well the 440 TN'T F/A flying up the hill and losing it's cab part way up.  You can't see it well in this vid but the driver (Siebert) reached up and held the cab down until he cleared the ridge.  On a second attempt, he launched about thirty feet in the air.  The same guy lost a track half way through the drag race and still came in third out of four. He still races cars on a regular basis.

nice vid there UF , love the old Sno-Cruisers 

Is that Alain Siebert you're refering to ?  Looks like he was running low on bailing wire to hold the hood down ..... lol !  Great video, that big bump at the bottom sure keeps 'em honest !

nice videos,,,, always liked the old sleds, the smell and sound

Is that Alain Siebert you're refering to ?  Looks like he was running low on bailing wire to hold the hood down ..... lol !  Great video, that big bump at the bottom sure keeps 'em honest !

Yes, Alain from what his brother Sly tells me.  I thought it was Sly until he corrected me last year when we worked together in Matach.

very cool are they both from kirkland lake

The hillclimb for sure is from KL.  I was there and the snow-dump still looks the same today.

The second one says Kirkland Lake in the tittle and the power lines in the background sure could be in KL somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

OMG Ultrafrozen.   That was awesome to watch.  Scary thing is that I can remember those days.  We laugh now when we see how easy our sleds go up the hills and mountains.  That is actually some good footage there.  That guy on the YAMAHA had to be hurting bad.  Ouch!!  Thanks

Archived