Ride the 8 loop

Baylaker

Me and a buddy are planning on doin the "ride the 8" loop, just wondering if there's plenty of gas stops along the way. If anybody has done this loop, how long does it take?

Thanks guys, I appreciate any info on this loop!

Never done the loop, others will definitely chime in. I can however help you with gas. The POI on the interactive map is missing lots of gas stations. Check out sledgas.com for accurate gas station information 

A thought are we liable if a sledder is injured or dies as a result of running out of gas after relieing on POI map

Good thought! The fuel POI is awful! They should ask for rights to incorporate the sledgas map into the interactive map

"ride the 8" loop, just wondering if there's plenty of gas stops along the way.

how long does it take?

Other more knowledgeable sledders will chime in. Someone was asking about this loop last week and I believe the consensus was it would take ten or eleven hours to run the whole thing, but there would be ways to cut it down a bit by altering the route.

In terms of gas, here is a map with four gas stations I have seen this winter. I know there are more but I'm not sure of their locations. At least this is a start:

Red circle is gas beside the new McDonald's near the Wal-Mart in Orillia. Trail B goes right by it.

Blue circle is gas in downtown Coldwater. B105C goes within three hundred metres of the station. You go off the trail behind the Coldwater Arena and the station will be visible.

Orange circle is the gas station and variety store/coffee shop just west of the 400 on the edge of Waubashene. C Trail goes right through the property.

Pink circle is gas station beside the McDonald's on Highway 11 in Gasoline Alley just north of Barrie. Trail B112B goes behind and within 200 metres of the gas statoin.

post-22473-0-66291700-1393198093_thumb.jpg

Awesome! Thanks Blake!

Awesome! Thanks Blake!

You are welcome. I would like to hear more about the gas stations further west....

Archived