District 6

NiagaraKev

Morning all...

Going to be spending a week in District 6 .

Any issues with lakes in that area I need to know about ?

I asked about Golden Lake , how about Round Lake ..is it staked ?

Any idea what the yellow is for  on the B in that area ?

Thanks all..

Safe sledding !!!

Trails from Petawawa to Deux-Rivieres are in great shape! Some friends over near golden lake last weekend, it was staked, but said it was rough.

The B trail heading West is great up to the section marked yellow just after Gunn's Rd.  Then it's an active logging road that was scraped down to the gravel.  After the last snow the surface has greatly improved and you will have no problem up to the junction of 155.  

That 3 km section at the start of the 155 is marked yellow and is scraped down to gravel with no shoulder and lots of loose rocks.  I would skip this as just about everyone has.   Stay on the B and take the 153, 157 for low traffic on nice narrow side trails if you like that sort of thing.  I do  :icon_dance-cpatch:

Visit the shelter at the lookout on the 159 just off the B.  Great place to stop for a drink or lunch out of the wind.

My favourite trails are the B102 and B101A into Deacon.  KCC is correct the lakes are marked well but rough.

Let me know if you need any more info on the trails in District 6.  I travel them regularly.  I'm off to Quebec for the day tomorrow before heading up north for a 6 day trip with SleddinScott starting Sunday.

We can't wait  :icon_hyper:  

Hi...thanks for the info on the B trail...What is the 122 trail like??...and is the fuel stop easy in this area??...also there is 2 ways to access Round Lake off of the B...is the 149 ok??? or is the 150 better?? I am also wondering about the little section of yellow on the 150 coming off Round Lake going towards Wilno...trying to plan a loop out of Barrys Bay on Family weekend and we would like to stay off of most of the main trails...is there any road running on the 175 out of Madawaska???..lots of questions???

Stop by spectackle lake lodge for lunch or dinner while you're in the area.

Stop by spectackle lake lodge for lunch or dinner while you're in the area.

Been there,excellent food.

No problem, I have time before I head off to the Quebec side this morning. (Using my new trailer recently purchased from Re:Leaf)

The 122 is nice rolling field trail off of the 139 by the club house end, but half way through heading SW it changes into tight turns with steep short hills.  I laugh when I see a max 50 sign!  It's a workout.  The lookout building is still standing but climbing the ladder to the roof is not recommended anymore.  The outhouse is not really serviceable but I still used it :ssh: 

The 149 to round lake is great so take that.  I haven't taken the 150 this year so am not sure but is normally just groomed side of road trail on Gunn's Rd and field to the lake, won't be a problem.  

The S end of the 150 off of Round lake is yellow as it runs down the side of Simpson Pit Rd which is the main access rd to Hwy 60 and the shoulder trail is not great until you get to Buck Hill Rd that sees little use.

There is a little road running at the S end of the 175 off of the B Trail by Riverland Lodge but quickly turns to great hilly trail all the way N to the E109.  Make sure you do the E109 out of Barry's Bay as it is a great section not to be missed.

The high traffic area that gets chewed up quickly is the B106E from Lake St Peter to Whitney.  Best avoided on Wknds.

Hope this helps you enjoy your time.  I'll be back late tonight then off up N tomorrow for the week.   :-P

Oh, I almost forgot the fuel part.  I run 4 Strokes so don't worry about this much.

If your heading E past Pembroke to the A/B then Irvings on the 121 is easy, but if going W of Pembroke you can hit Lennartz Gas Station just off the 139. 

There are 4 gas stations off of the B for Petawawa, all are easy to see.

Barry's Bay Petro Canada is right in town on the B102, can't miss it.  I visit the Subway right beside it.

The other main ones are Lake St Peter and Whitney.

Hi...thanks so much TrophyHunter....I know the gas station in Whitney does not open until 10 on Sundays... a little pissed, since we wanted to get a jump on the trails early a few weeks ago...someone did arrive to work shortly before 10....I will pay attention to their hrs this coming weekend.

Thanks for all the info trophy..

G/F and I are staying and Golden Lake 

Hi. ..wondering what the 179 trail is like out of Bancroft??? is there any road running ??...looks like the trail runs Peterson Rd?? also the Mink Lake trail, 178, coming from the north or south , is the access to run the lake easy to find?? ... any input on the 168 south of Barrys Bay...heading this way on Family Weekend...trying to run the local trails ...Thanks

Hi, I saw in previous post mention of gas at Lake St. Peter is it easy to find is it right off the trail?

Thanks 

Yes gas is right on the trail in Lake St Peter,all you have to do is cross the highway.Still looking for answers for the earlier info,riding up to Barrys Bay on friday and playing around there for the weekend,and want to run the trails i mentioned above for a little change,been on all the main trails in the area many times,time for a change.

Hi, I saw in previous post mention of gas at Lake St. Peter is it easy to find is it right off the trail?

Thanks 

Hi Mykeys. Welcome to the forum.

Ok.....

I have spent a week in District 6 and WOW !!!!!!

Trails are the best I have ever riden ....

Trail 122 is a snow covered roller coaster...yee fing haw !!!!

I meet up with two guys on ski doos..( one guy having a recoil problem..but it started..) great run of follow the leader down 122...bet they were surprised an old guy like me could keep up on a touring sled..lol...one guy had an 800 R or something ...

It was great fun and if they are reading this...thanks guys !!

I put on about 800k in the area....with the exception of some logging issues and of course trail 127 into Petewawa ( don't go there ...please ..lol )

Thank you to all volunteers...groomer guys/girls...clubs etc..

Best sledding of my life and I have been doing it for 30 years ....

Thank you ....

Glad you enjoyed the local trails around here NiagaraKev, I knew you would.

I got back from my week up N and put on 1600 kms with SleddinScott starting in Pembroke and basing trips out of his cottage in Temagami. Too bad we didn't pull the camera out enough. There was some memorable moments just beating a path into there. First time doing boondocking in 3' of powder and granular snow. We only got stuck 3 times making a trail 500m long. Glad I brought the snowshoes to make trails to the outhouse!

Keep me in mind if you plan another trip up here next year or even later this season I'm always up for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Trophy ...

If I'm out that way agin I will look you up ...

Archived