anybody ridden d101b from dwight to kearney in the past couple days?

aar0n

As the tile suggests, 

has any body ridden d101b from dwight to kearney in the past couple days. ASC's groomer tracking indicates it has not been done in a WHILE!? Really want to head up that way but I will avoid it if it is rouugh 

Yes we rode the d101b from Kearney down to Dwight on Tuesday. It was smooth and billy bear road has good snow coverage. The D trail was in perfect condition.

Yes we rode the d101b from Kearney down to Dwight on Tuesday. It was smooth and billy bear road has good snow coverage. The D trail was in perfect condition.

how smooth? I am going where there is PERFECT mint, not a bump for 10miles this weekend...lol Billy bear road where is that on the map, i dont see any road riding

We ran it back on sunday which was flawless, One thing you must consider Aaron is when the temps are this cold, there is far less traffic(expecially weekdays) and also when its this cold, the base is rock hard and can last much much longer cause its rock hard.  

Grooming when its this cold can be done half as much as when its up over minus 3 or so.

But that being said, the trails will most likely see the busiest weekend to date in awhile, and fresh snow falling fri/sat should keep road running good and then groomers will be able to keep up.

Billie bear rd is a long haul, and you also run a piece of limberlost rd and also Oxbow lake rd.  they are all joined to eachother with this road run section of d101b from oxbow lake all the way up to top of Bella lake.  It is something that always must be considered when heading this way.  Right now with cold temps and snow in the forecast fri and sat this route will be about as good as it can get.  Which is darn nice!   Just be careful as billie bear rd is icy and every corner you will need sharp carbides or right turns will be very slow ones.

Dan

What's it like along the Limberlost Rd, east of Billie Bob Rd? Last year when we did the RAP tour, Billie Bob was OK, but Limberlost was a bit sketchy. 

I was talking to fiisty (a lurker here) that cottages on Oxbow, she said before the thaw, there had been a lot of traffic past her place. 

What's it like along the Limberlost Rd, east of Billie Bob Rd? Last year when we did the RAP tour, Billie Bob was OK, but Limberlost was a bit sketchy. 

Limberlost is the MAIN rd here, and is typically salted with pavement but snow on shoulder, its a short section(1km) that connects oxbow lake rd and billie bear rds....Billie bear is the longest section and is typically snow covered rather well....right now its great.

We ran it back on sunday which was flawless, One thing you must consider Aaron is when the temps are this cold, there is far less traffic(expecially weekdays) and also when its this cold, the base is rock hard and can last much much longer cause its rock hard.  

Grooming when its this cold can be done half as much as when its up over minus 3 or so.

But that being said, the trails will most likely see the busiest weekend to date in awhile, and fresh snow falling fri/sat should keep road running good and then groomers will be able to keep up.

Billie bear rd is a long haul, and you also run a piece of limberlost rd and also Oxbow lake rd.  they are all joined to eachother with this road run section of d101b from oxbow lake all the way up to top of Bella lake.  It is something that always must be considered when heading this way.  Right now with cold temps and snow in the forecast fri and sat this route will be about as good as it can get.  Which is darn nice!   Just be careful as billie bear rd is icy and every corner you will need sharp carbides or right turns will be very slow ones.

Dan

your right dan the base should last till march will all the sleds pounding the frost in the ground,there is a ft of ice under the trails now...billie bear rd is a mental note for late season riding...even at worse its 5 min at 50 in the middle of great trails

Thanks, that was the 1st time I'd ridden thru there. I didn't realise that the stretch on Limberlost was only a klick long. It seemed longer. I've been there a few times in the offseason, so I knew it was a paved road.

Everything Dan and WD said is exactly right. Billie Bear Road is a long haul and you don't want to be on that trail with low snow conditions. I have done it and I was using my tears to help lubricate my sliders. Never again. It has lots of snow coverage now so that won't be a problem.

Yo damn guys the map makes it look like I'm running Billie Bear ALL THE WAY from limberlost up to trail 78!?!

Is this true? 

Archived