Kirkland Lake Lodgings

revrnd

RE: Kirkland Lake

There will be a new Microtel beside the Hockey Heritage North building next winter.  The website says it will have a pool and restaurant?

Will this new motel be accessible by sleds? It's been several years since I've been in that part of town on sled. The last time in town was the middle of July.

Yes, accessible at north end of L107/ L108 off of A110Q.  It will be beside the Hockey Heritage North building across from Comfort Inn.

The hotel units at Rivers Runs Resort are open.  Looks like MTO and Hydro are finally finished in the area.  Bar and restaurant are closed.  The "A" trail runs right through the property on the east side of Sesekinika Lake.  Great place to make a home base from since it's on HWY #11.  Gas close by 10km south in Kenogami.  Kenogami Bridge Inn has great food. 

We got a hold of Roy and he said to call his home # 705 642 1966 

Zeese, welcome to OC. I've never been able to get an answer about the Resort. Thanks for the update.

The hotel units at Rivers Runs Resort are open.  Looks like MTO and Hydro are finally finished in the area.  Bar and restaurant are closed.  The "A" trail runs right through the property on the east side of Sesekinika Lake.  Great place to make a home base from since it's on HWY #11.  Gas close by 10km south in Kenogami.  Kenogami Bridge Inn has great food. 

We got a hold of Roy and he said to call his home # 705 642 1966 

Welcome to the forum Zeese.  Are you also from the Kirkland Lake area?

The Resort is on the north-west end of the lake not the east.  They used to have an awesome Sunday lunchtime buffet, we miss the restaurant.

Welcome zeese

Thx guys. I live down in Hamilton. We used to own our own sleds but for the last 7 years been renting off nick in Kirkland. There's a core group of 4 sledders and this year 2 newbies are joining us. Thx for the correction (ultrafrozen) on the resort location ... NW end of lake. I know Mac sold the esso in kenogami are the new owners sled friendly?

• 2 years later...

I seem to recall from my JR days in the KL area that there was a motel in the vicinity of the Hwy 66/112 jct'. Looking @ Google Earth it would appear that it has been torn down. Does any know what its name was?

I remember it Revrnd, just can't remember the name. Gone now, it was next to, or on the location of the old OPP station, which is now gone.  Looks like a mining outfit or construction company is using the old MTO building next door.

If we were in KL, we'd stop @ the MNR building & pick up any mail for the camp.

RE: North Wye intersection (hwy 66 & north end of 112)

Just East of Hwy 112, Parker's Motel was on the south side of highway 66 up high on the bank and has been torn down for at least 10 years.  The hotel across the Hwy on the north side has not been in operation for years and has a large garage on the property.  I used to see a well drilling truck there a while back but not lately.  There was more of it along the back of the property but it was torn down.

I forgot about Parkers ... but yes the other one I remembered....

THANKS! I knew it was a short name like Teck. We stayed there in '79 after my summer was up @ Burt Lake.

Archived