B trail Carnarvon

cehyoopers

Bill, all HCSA groomer operators are paid which is why I asked. If the ops are not paid then I can understand if they want to groom during the day when they have time.

I too rode this trail today but for a different reason. Rode my driveway to the b103 to the 7 never seen better, both groomed. Made our way up to the B trail in question and found a clearly taped-off trail entrance and reroute all in one area. Followed Tulip rd for 4km and a field for 2 km and caught the B again. Rode straight to Hall's lake and had a great talk up there as to what happened with the groomer and how the other 5 groomers were doing. Saw a groomer on the B by the Hawks. Rode the 8 to Carnavon for lunch.Took the 4 to the b112 fueled in Minden and headed home

lots of new snow and ALL trails either groomed or in the process of being done

more to come

LIVIN'

Jan 21 at 3:00 pm. B from Baker Lk north still not groomed. 8 north of Carnarvon also not groomed. Well over a week for both these trails.

Has the club given you any update that lets us know when B will be groomed or when 16 should be open?

I saw there was a groomer out last night up to Whitney and one up by Big Hawks but other 4 groomers parked at clubhouse? I heard the Rail TRail was done during the day.

With all groomer operators paid at this time, it should be the club telling them when the grooming is done not the other way around. But then a couple of years ago the groomer coordinator was putting in mileage for taking the operators to the machines when switching off instead of the operators arranging car pools for themselves. I wish I had someone drive me to work and back!!

I also heard from several sources that come February when money gets a little tight, the club plans on shutting down. No grooming etc unless they get money from the OFSC/District!! That will definitely be the death knell for the club. Hopefully there are some volunteers willing to pick up the pieces!!

"I also heard from several sources that come February when money gets a little tight, the club plans on shutting down. No grooming etc unless they get money from the OFSC/District!!"

This is now the second or third time I've heard this from different people. Hope it's not true as it wouldn't reflect well on the HCSA. Would neighbouring clubs take over the trails? For example I could see Tall Pines with 16, 11 and part of the B except that they're a different district. What if no one takes them over? Ungroomed for the rest of the season? Would OFSC still cover ungroomed trails with liability ins. or would the trails be closed? Lots of questions, few answers. Hope it's not true!

is the operator a volunteer?

Yes. Both are.

"I also heard from several sources that come February when money gets a little tight, the club plans on shutting down. No grooming etc unless they get

money from the OFSC/District!!"

This is now the second or third time I've heard this from different people. Hope it's not true as it wouldn't reflect

well on the HCSA. Would neighbouring clubs

take over the trails? For example I could see

Tall Pines with 16, 11 and part of the B except

that they're a different district. What if no one

takes them over? Ungroomed for the rest of the

season? Would OFSC still cover

trails with liability ins. or would the trails be

closed? Lots of questions, few answers. Hope

it's not true!

I doubt it. Better not be true feb is the best month and I plan on running from bracebride over to hali and back. Going to have to take the lakes and avoid this b mess.

Archived