interactive trail map updates

velo

Curious about how a trail actually makes it on to the map, or gets removed...  I'm only confidently familiar with the areas I run on a regular basis (down in D5) and I know a few of the trails on the interactive map have either moved or are gone comletely.  This is the 3rd year that two defunct trails are still listed.  I had a look at the map today to figure out just where I rode near Elora yesterday...my GPS tracks are way off in some spots.  Intersections missing on the map, others where you don't expect them.  Frustrating when you're trying to get somewhere with a printed map from the web site and can't figure out where you are.

Ultimately I always find my way but I hate not knowing if I'm running in the right direction.

The onus is on the club to advise the District office of changes to the trail network and the District Office advises the OFSC. Between the club and District office, a new GPS track is sent to the OFSC to update the Interactive Guide. Traditionaly these chnages were done in the off season but I believe can be submitted anytme now. Not aware of any method to get a GPS track out of the Groomer Tracking system so it probably means somone has to go out and record the new track.

So the question is, Has the club informed the District and has the District submitted the new GPS info to the OFSC?

Thanks

I wonder how anyone can truely plan a route when the interactive does not show it at all.  I have been riding the the new D201F and yet it does not exist on the OFSC map and will never be used as much as it might without a interactive map update.

Keeping an old trail and just showing it red says do not use, but never showing a trail that is open keeps it an almost privite trail for locals and never allows it to be found by the majority. 

I love my private OFSC Trail, but think that putting on the map is only fair.

I wonder how anyone can truely plan a route when the interactive does not show it at all.  I have been riding the the new D201F and yet it does not exist on the OFSC map and will never be used as much as it might without a interactive map update.

Keeping an old trail and just showing it red says do not use, but never showing a trail that is open keeps it an almost privite trail for locals and never allows it to be found by the majority. 

I love my private OFSC Trail, but think that putting on the map is only fair.

Interesting

No conspiracy here, simply manpower. Pim ( at the OFSC) has finally received some much needed help. He was working on map updates yesterday. We have several missing and changed that are on the paper map but no interactive.

Archived