Chilly Bancroft is calling my name; brraap, brraaap, brrrraaaaap

whiskywizard

Headed to Bancroft to test those early southern Ontario trails. My weather app says it's currently -28.3C.

On a sled at 100km/h, wind chill is -52C. Good thing there's nowhere we can exceed 50km/h, or we'd have to zip up our coats today.

Be careful out there.

I got my first ever frostnip on Saturday on the Seguin Trail. I have a brown spot on my neck now, so I guess my days as a male model are over. Could have been worse, I guess, but I am glad we decided to turn around and return to base when we did.

Be careful out there.

I got my first ever frostnip on Saturday on the Seguin Trail. I have a brown spot on my neck now, so I guess my days as a male model are over. Could have been worse, I guess, but I am glad we decided to turn around and return to base when we did.

Maybe its a hickey!!

Maybe its a hickey!!

I was visiting my mom today, and that's what she said. But no, sadly, it isn't so.

Fair to good. For this early in the year, the conditions are good.  The trails need more snow before the groomers can really work it; any more scraping will drag up more stones. There are some thin spots, where you see occasional stones/rocks or hear gravel under the machine.  The rail trail near Bancroft was getting well worn by end-of-day today. The B trail NE of Whitney was very good. A bit more snow, few rocks, well groomed and fast. But very very cold!

Should be many trails open by the weekend,got my early fix running the lakes ans farmers fields finishing off last year's carbide

Should be many trails open by the weekend,got my early fix running the lakes ans farmers fields finishing off last year's carbide

when are you going to start ice fishing?

when are you going to start ice fishing?[/quote

already did

Archived