Madawaska rail line open

GrizzlyGriff

Wow, Whitney to Barry's Bay is showing green.  Anyone want to go up on Friday?  I'll be leaving from Bobcaygeon.

Can meet someone there.  Better to ride with someone and all my buddies not available.

I'd go in a second, however I'm in the middle of a bathroom reno that will impact riding once the local trails open if I don't get it done now.

yeah, no one expected this early setup.  Hopefully you will get some snow in your area this year for a longer than normal season.

How were the trails around Bancroft?

Fair to good. For this early in the year, the conditions are good.  The trails need more snow before the groomers can really work it; any more scraping will drag up more stones. There are some thin spots, where you see occasional stones/rocks or hear gravel under the machine.  The rail trail near Bancroft was getting well worn by end-of-day today. The B trail NE of Whitney was very good. A bit more snow, few rocks, well groomed and fast. But very very cold!

Fair to good. For this early in the year, the conditions are good. The trails need more snow before the groomers can really work it; any more scraping will drag up more

stones. There are some thin spots, where you

see occasional stones/rocks or hear gravel

under the machine. The rail trail near Bancroft

was getting well worn by end-of-day today. The

B trail NE of Whitney was very good. A bit more

snow, few rocks, well groomed and fast. But

very very cold!

Nice! Sounds like you need a high windshield! I love mine and it doesn't flex that much at high speeds. Never get cold anymore.

Nice! Sounds like you need a high windshield! I love mine and it doesn't flex that much at high speeds. Never get cold anymore.

You might want to start a new thread about windshields, so this one can stay on the topic of trail conditions. 

Archived