Paudash Trails

RXThunder

I was up that way this past Sunday, from fenelon to gooderham area was all great, maybe see ya out there saturday

We are leaving from Chandos Lake,first stop the Pheasant on E107 for breakfast I am on a silver RX1 the others are on as 04 MXZ 600 ho(yellow and black) and a 06 600 Crossfire(Black hood, orange sled) Hope to see you out there to. Ride safe and thanks for the input

I'm on a blue apex, should be with a v-max 600 a venture and possibly a silver/red rx-1 ideally heading for wilberforce

• 3 weeks later...

We did a 65 mile loop south out of Apsley today. Down towards Nephton, east to the Havelock turnoff, then up to & across Chandos.

E107, Stoney Lake #706 & Paudash #619 were all in good shape.

But the trails were the best I've ever seen them. Thanks to all the trailblazers that maintained them.

This was probably the best weekend for conditions & traffic. The trails would actually set up & stay that way. The rest of the season we found not so stellar conditions most of the time. I spent more time riding elsewhere this winter.

• 1 month later...

I think I saw you a few times in apsley at the gas station. We will have to do some riding next season. Untill then have a safe and fun summer. Can't wait to do some fishing on Chandos this summer hope there are a couple more 40"+ pike this year

• 5 months later...

The Pheasant is closed & up for sale. Food is still available & a bit of parking @ the Sandman.

If the Pheasant reopens, I'll let you know.

The Pheasant is closed & up for sale. Food is still available & a bit of parking @ the Sandman.

If the Pheasant reopens, I'll let you know.

:(

• 1 month later...

Note: THIS ISN'T A PTB S/C TRAIL REPORT

Saturday we checked the ice on Eel's Creek up to the Pheasant in Apsley where we ride to connect w/ E107. Today I ran the Elan to pack down the snow on the land portion behind the fire hall. I also shovelled away the snow bank by the highway approach near the Pheasant. Hopefully it'll turn good & cold & firm up the trail this week. Should be able to ride from the house next weekend.

The Pheasant is still closed, but the parking area was plowed out. There was a truck w/ a 2 place trailer parked & you could see tracks over to E107.

...The Pheasant is still closed, but the parking area was plowed out. There was a truck w/ a 2 place trailer parked & you could see tracks over to E107.

I believe they need to plow the lot for insurance purposes. Fire department needs access if needed.

I believe they need to plow the lot for insurance purposes. Fire department needs access if needed.

They could walk as the hall is just down the road.

Ever try trudging thru 3' of snow from the highway with a hoseline?

Ever try trudging thru 3' of snow from the highway with a hoseline?

Yeah!

Can't say I am interested in doing that anytime soon again!

I was being facetious as the restaurant is within sight of the fire hall.

The OFSC website this morning had some trails as Limited and Open in this area

(of course, many are still closed)

Very promising.

Checked the trail up Eel's Creek up to the Pheasant today. The slush we packed down has froze up. It's a little rough but beats riding the pavement to get out of Apsley. Had the sled up & down it twice to try to widen it a bit as well.

The groomer has been on E107 past the side trail to the Sandman.

Top E from Paudash past the Crowe river bridge to Coe Hill (OHSR) still posted as closed. Nasty swamp just before Hwy 620 is real ugly. No firm footing anywhere if you get stuck. Balance of E should be OK but I'm pretty sure this swamp is the problem with opening this needed link.

With this cold it may be firming up but its as flooded as I've ever seen it. A couple warm days and its flowing again. Wanted to get a culvert in there but waited too long. This will be an issue all season.

• 2 weeks later...

On Friday I rode from Apsley up E107 & TOP E to the Hwy 118/121 road crossing on Friday. Trails were in decent shape. I rode TOP E over to the Crowe River & there is a large water hole @ the bottom of the hill on the west side of the bridge. I was talking to a groomer operator & he was heading that way to try to fill things in.

On Friday I rode from Apsley up E107 & TOP E to the Hwy 118/121 road crossing on Friday. Trails were in decent shape. I rode TOP E over to the Crowe River & there is a large water hole @ the bottom of the hill on the west side of the bridge. I was talking to a groomer operator & he was heading that way to try to fill things in.

Paudash has always been a good club.

Paudash has always been a good club.

They need more snow. Trails are a little thin on top.

Archived