What Happened To Toy Carriers / Toy Haulers?

Turbo Burgo

Well the new vehicle was picked up last night.  Hopefully putting a hitch on it Friday.  Still looking for either a double or single Toy Carrier for sale.  My wife works in Port Perry, I'll have her drive by and get a couple pics of that one Monte1214.  Thanks for the tip!

I observed 2 NEW Toy-Carriers on a float trailer.  They were being inspected at Canadian Tire - Milton.  This was likely a RIV inspection so they were imported into Canada.

Hey Squid.  Saw another one (Double though) at Switzer's on the 115 across from Noone's today on the way to Sled-A-Rama.

Well I had a 2 place clamshell and said never again.  The snow is impossible to remove, especially if it hard,  it's a huge pain in the ass loading etc, etc.  I replaced it with a Triton TC11 and am very happy.  The drop down door / ramp works like a dream.

I would however, consider their new version, the 7 ' wide TC 16.  It's longer yes, and the machines have to be staggered inside, but the narrow profile would be easier to tow from a point of wind resistance and safety because the mirrors might actually see around the sides.  

GBG

Well I had a 2 place clamshell and said never again.  The snow is impossible to remove, especially if it hard,  it's a huge pain in the ass loading etc, etc.  I replaced it with a Triton TC11 and am very happy.  The drop down door / ramp works like a dream.

I would however, consider their new version, the 7 ' wide TC 16.  It's longer yes, and the machines have to be staggered inside, but the narrow profile would be easier to tow from a point of wind resistance and safety because the mirrors might actually see around the sides.  

GBG

X 2...we bought a TC 167 last season, and love it. Not only for the ease of towing due to lower wind resistance and better visibility around it...the staggered sled locations inside leave lots of room for gear on a longer trip. Also, if you can find one with the optional side man-door (very common), access is easy for stowing or unloading gear, checking tie-downs, etc., without having to open the big ramp-door at the back.

Here's a link: http://www.tritontrailers.com/products/Model.aspx?CatID=27&SubCatID=55&ModelID=489&info=features

I've thought about one of those, but was wondering about parking? 

WIth my current Triton TC11 I can pull into pretty well anywhere and just take up 2 spaces.  With the TC167, you'd need more space. 

How is it at lots for staging and at hotels and such?

X 2...we bought a TC 167 last season, and love it. Not only for the ease of towing due to lower wind resistance and better visibility around it...the staggered sled locations inside leave lots of room for gear on a longer trip. Also, if you can find one with the optional side man-door (very common), access is easy for stowing or unloading gear, checking tie-downs, etc., without having to open the big ramp-door at the back.

Here's a link: http://www.tritontrailers.com/products/Model.aspx?CatID=27&SubCatID=55&ModelID=489&info=features

I've thought about one of those, but was wondering about parking? 

WIth my current Triton TC11 I can pull into pretty well anywhere and just take up 2 spaces.  With the TC167, you'd need more space. 

How is it at lots for staging and at hotels and such?

Regarding your parking question, it depends on the length of your tow vehicle...I can usually just fit in a double space (end-to-end) with my Chevy Avalanche, which is just over 18 ft. long. Total length of the TC 167 is 21 ft. long. I've had no problem maneuvering around hotel parking lots, etc., despite the total length, because the 7 ft. box width allows you to see around it so much easier than an 8.5 ft. clamshell. Also, with the wheel-wells outside the box (instead of underneath like a clamshell-style), the floor height is lower, the ramp angle is gentler, and thus loading/unloading is easier. And, surprisingly, the total weight (empty) is only 1,065 lbs (not very much more than a clamshell), so it tows easily.

21ft including the tongue?

21ft including the tongue?

Yup...the box itself is about 16.5 ft. including the curved front, but that curved portion overlaps the 5-ft. tongue a bit, so total length overall is 21.16 ft. (254 inches), according to the Triton web-site specs for the TC 167.

Thanks Rev!  I may look into those for my next trailer.

Archived