Weekend Trip to NYC

dweese

So went to New York City last weekend, here is a few pictures to get everyone going.. More to follow..

USS Intrepid, Air and Space Museum 

Big, really big, and they make them bigger now

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

Space Shuttle Enterprise, it got damaged during Hurricane Sandy so that's the best I could get. 

IMG_1295.jpg

Need I say more [:D]

IMG_1300.jpg

What era is the Intrepid? I've been on the USS Yorktown @ Patriots Point in Charleston. Pretty impressive vessel. Stopped by the USS North Carolina in Wilmington too.

Looking @ the folks in the last pic & the Concorde doesn't look as big as I thought it would be.

The Intrepid was built during World War 2, then refitted a number of times over the years and was in service until 1974. It was also the recovery ship for the Mercury and Gemini missions.

Nice trip.  Thanks for visiting.  Glad to see it works both ways.  I try not to go to the "City".  I like to spend my disposable income up north.

Nice pix. The Intrepid looks huge!

And thanks for visiting the north, Akron.  Look forward to crossing path's with you next winter, if possible.

Canuck,  we're hoping to run up to Moosonee in 2014 and do a loop from there.  I'll be posting here about the trip.  You're welcome to join us for as much or as litlle as you can or like. Talk more in late Autumn.

Some more...

1/18 scale USS Intrepid, made out of 250,000+ pieces of Lego, weights almost a ton.

IMG_1343-1.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

A-12 Blackbird

IMG_1318.jpg

USS Growler, US First Nuclear Launch Submarine, carried 4 1950's cruise missiles   

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg 

2 hanger bays, carried 4 cruise missiles total, could surface and launch in 15 minutes

IMG_1255.jpg

1950's technology at its finest

IMG_1261.jpg

From the top of the Rockefeller center.

IMG_1928.jpg

Central Park RC Sailboats

IMG_1826.jpg

Queen Mary 2 on her way out of NYC Harbor

IMG_1520.jpg

911 Memorial, this was the North Tower, very sobering place.

IMG_1716.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

Time Square

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

New Year's Ball

IMG_1681.jpg

Countdown to the Super bowl is on

IMG_1689.jpg

US National Debt Clock, adds about $350 every second

IMG_1900.jpg

Canuck,  we're hoping to run up to Moosonee in 2014 and do a loop from there.  I'll be posting here about the trip.  You're welcome to join us for as much or as litlle as you can or like. Talk more in late Autumn.

Thanks Akron. Loops from Moosenee. Wow!  In a heartbeat. 

More fantastic pics of NYC, DW. I forgot that 2014 is the first cold weather, outdoor game in a while. As a Bills fan, it's the way football should be played. Outdoors, in the cold ( but less "3rd and 2" from the announcer, which I hear too often in Orchard Park). The Bills will enjoy playing in NYC on Groundhog Day, 2014.

great pics,

Archived