Places to start or stay

marcs

I am bringing the family riding this weekend.Coming from Leamington and don't want to drive any further than i have too.Usually we stay at Grand Bend but i am unsure about conditions there.Are conditions ok to ride from there or should i be going farther?If i should go farther,where can i leave truck and where are some good places to stay?Thanks for your help.

Hey Mark.. You can ride the Kitchener area or more north in District 9.. I suggest looking at a District 5 trail map and pick a place that has an ad on the map.. All these places are snowmobile friendly.. You can ride from Stratford north and have great conditions..

Have fun on your ride.. Rick

I would suggest going a little farther north. Grand Bend is ok, but 30-45 minutes north will be much better. Clinton, or Blyth for example. There are a couple Motels right on hwy 4. Some friends stayed at the one right in Blyth last weekend and said it was a good place. I have stayed at the Wingham Lindon Motel just south of Wingham in the past, nothing special, but clean and the trail runs right to the door.

Thanks for the replies so far.I always try to stay at places listed on the maps or here cause i know they are supporters.We usually stay at Grand Bend with the family due to pool/hot tub etc.Was hoping to find another option like that without going Owen Sound way but it doesn't look good.I know trails are better noth and east but is it possible to still get out of Grand Bend or should i look at St Marys or Stratford.thanks.

Probably a little pricey but the Benmillar Inn near Goderich is right on the trails, has all kinds of snow & they have a pool.

Archived