ofsc speending brake down

mooseski

so i wonder if the ofsc gives more money to the clubs in the north.

we have been grooming since the end off dec up hear. and clubs in the south are lucky to even open the trails the last couple of years.

is there a report ?

or some type of info on this

thank

we have been grooming since the end off dec up hear. and clubs in the south are lucky to even open the trails the last couple of years.

is there a report ?

thank

We had great trails in the south this year. Did 2800km right from my door. They groomed every day pretty much for a month. Remember trail passes were down about 40 percent across the province.

is there a report ?

thank

Contact your local club & ask them how the matrix works. I think that may answer your question.

We had great trails in the south this year. Did 2800km right from my door. They groomed every day pretty much for a month. Remember trail passes were down about 40 percent across the province.

seems like waste

grooming twice a week should suffice which I am sure happened

There are trail around Barrie that could be groomed twice a day on the weekend and still be rough.

is there a report ?

thank

if you attend club meetings, you should be able to see the agm package, there is a report in there on how many permits each club sells and how much the permit costs the club. There is also a report on short fall payments, they go to the districts that are low on permit sales.

An example, my club sells close to 800 permits, the permit costs my club $95, so the federation gets $76000 from my club, a good portion of that money goes to the shortfall fund. We also have to enter 800 permits to the pts online program, for those that are not familiar, it takes a long time, and there are monetary penalties to my district if these are not input and submitted to the district admin. by the deadline. Believe me, there is some huge downfall to having high permit sales. I ran some numbers, kinda rough, and next year the permit cost to my club is going to be close to $118, allot of work for a few people.

yes u are right about this year ,,(down south). dos the ofsc have extra money they hold back for years like this that clubs are grooming for so long.

northan ontario always seen to be very short on permits but they have a longer season.

how do they have the money to do so ?

yes u are right about this year ,,(down south). dos the ofsc have extra money they hold back for years like this that clubs are grooming for so

long.

northan ontario always seen to be very short on permits but they have a longer season.

The south d5 and d9 sells alot of permits. Don't know exact numbers but I bet it Is close to half of the total federation. We have trails that see 4000 sleds per day on a weekend. The groomers run all weekend here, day and night to try and keep up to the traffic. This year the trails were really groomed well and all clubs did a fantastic job for 4 to 5 weeks.

yes u are right about this year ,,(down south). dos the ofsc have extra money they hold back for years like this that clubs are grooming for so long.

The real problem is we still put money into clubs....the money needs to go where it is needed and when it is needed......eliminate the club structure and impliment a true provincial structure and this will happen. Until then, everyone hold onto your money (and lots of it).

The real problem is we still put money into clubs....the money needs to go where it is needed and when it is needed......eliminate the club structure and impliment a true provincial structure and this will happen. Until then, everyone hold onto your money (and lots of it).

eliminate the club structure and you will for sure see bye bye to organized sledding in Ontario

eliminate the club structure and you will for sure see bye bye to organized sledding in Ontario

X2. Bad enough that half a dozen people do most of the work. Takeaway thier resources and there will be no incentive to go out and sell permits. If all clubs sit back and wait for short fall payments, it will be the end. Bottom line is we need to sell more permits.

If you have no clubs then you will have no trails. It is the active members of the clubs that keep this sport alive. They take a certain amount of pride in supplying an enjoyable set of trails to ride on. Yes, some members are also in it for somewhat selfish reasons i.e. they get the trail past their house or brought into their end of town. But they at least build and maintain this trail for others to use also. Access trails in southern Ontario are quickly disappearing as towns grow. If it wasn't for the local members wanting food and fuel then others wouldn't get it either. There is a lot of grovelling going on to be able to keep a lot of these trails.

If you have no clubs then you will have no trails. It is the active members of the clubs that keep this sport alive. They take a certain amount of pride in supplying an enjoyable set of trails to ride on. Yes, some members are also in it for somewhat selfish reasons i.e. they get the trail past their house or brought into their end of town. But they at least build and maintain this trail for others to use also. Access trails in southern Ontario are quickly disappearing as towns grow. If it wasn't for the local members wanting food and fuel then others wouldn't get it either. There is a lot of grovelling going on to be able to keep a lot of these trails.

Any effort to discount or not believe this shows the ignorance of what it takes to make the trails happen.

Archived