New Liskeard - Hotel Section 'Navigation'

Canuck

Having watched a few people pause or get lost , I thought I'd post an aerial view of A107Q where it goes behind the Quality Inn (New Liskeard).

If you follow it behind the Quality Inn, past the truck/snowmobile trailer parking, you'll hook into trail A107Q.

IMG_2370_zpsd5ab19e6.jpg

The other 'exit' from the parking lot is the more popular and shorter route north.

IMG_2369_zps31c79806.jpg

It takes you across Hwy 11, behind the Econo Lodge and splits into A (straight)or L193 (left) before the river. My wife and I never took this route, but others who used part of it last weekend can add input.

It's all green today (March 20th).

Have a blast, if you're heading up.

Good Info, Thanks.

L193 is, in fact, on the west side of Hwy 11,as Canuck points out, not on the east side as shown on the map.

The view must be from the penthouse suite at the Holiday Inn :icon_photo:

Heading up Thursday to ride Friday, Saturday and Sunday, hope its good.

Jim

The view must be from the penthouse suite at the Holiday Inn :icon_photo:

More like the south hallway window, lol.

It's owned by the same company as Quality Inn (they actually own 4 hotels in the area). Nice place.

More like the south hallway window, lol.

It's owned by the same company as Quality Inn (they actually own 4 hotels in the area). Nice place.

You rented the hallway? Cheap bastard!

You rented the hallway? Cheap bastard!

That is too funny! :lmao:

You would think those hotels could afford to spend $50 for a page of paper with the local trail connections, gas, motels, restaurants, etc., but NO just keeping raking in the sledder's $$ and let them find their own way.

Gets discouraging after awhile that some of these motels just don't get it.

Thanks Canuck....definitely information I could have used upon my arrival Friday, as motel people didn't know where trails were.....As the sleds are on the ground, thought I'd make the trails a little easier to find ....

post-19713-0-84837900-1363800494_thumb.j

post-19713-0-70887000-1363800492_thumb.j

And do not let the story of Canuck carrying food across the road for his partner (trout no less) get out...... or the rest of our spouses will expect the same treatment....

Slomo,

"You've gone too far this time, Sir!"

That's the title of one of my favourite Kindle books AND what I thought when I saw Slomo's airplanes in my images.

Thanks for providing the routes, Slomo.

___

Here's the link to the book, lol. http://www.amazon.ca...63809609&sr=8-1

And Mossy / Wildbill,

You guys "Went too far" a long time ago.

:)

__

BBaker,

There are plenty of folks in the industry who go out of their way (In your area - Cedar Gables Lodge expressed genuine concern and held a room without a credit card until we sorted things out following a breakdown: West of New Liskeard, Elk LakeCabins and Gowganda Lake Lodge are examples of operators who would walk out to the parking lot to show you the route).

I've had more positive experiences than negative with the snowmobile service industry, in general. The Holiday/Quality Inn owner has let us park for a week without even staying there. Hopefully, better assistance with egress will follow.

Slomo,

"You've gone too far this time, Sir!"

That's the title of one of my favourite Kindle books AND what I thought when I saw Slomo's airplanes in my images.

Thanks for providing the routes, Slomo.

Here's the link to the book, lol. http://www.amazon.ca...63809609&sr=8-1

Thanks for the link....interesting....so SlowTouringGuy did publish his own description of that recent trip through Quebec....

"Have you ever woken up in the sultry heat of the morning, your hair and beard teeming with maggots, and then had potatoes picked out of your ears....slogging along roads with trucks bearing down on him, unable to see and choking in the smog; shooting down treacherous descents with 100 foot drops, shaking with cold and too numb to brake; muscle burn and saddle sores; delirium and food poisoning; thirst and malnutrition; foul and insanitary conditions; life-threatening crises; obstructive border guards, crazed dogs and inquisitive passers-by.......

sorry about the airplanes....you did say aerial view....slow day at work ......been watching too much "Air Aces" on History Channel...

:coffeespit:

"..shooting down treacherous descents with 100 foot drops.."

Sounds more like Sledjunk in the rhubarb.

:coffeespit:

"..shooting down treacherous descents with 100 foot drops.."

Sounds more like Sledjunk in the rhubarb.

Watch it, 'Peaches' :rotflmao:

And Mossy / Wildbill,

You guys "Went too far" a long time ago.

:)

__

BBaker,

There are plenty of folks in the industry who go out of their way (In your area - Cedar Gables Lodge expressed genuine concern and held a room without a credit card until we sorted things out following a breakdown: West of New Liskeard, Elk LakeCabins and Gowganda Lake Lodge are examples of operators who would walk out to the parking lot to show you the route).

I've had more positive experiences than negative with the snowmobile service industry, in general. The Holiday/Quality Inn owner has let us park for a week without even staying there. Hopefully, better assistance with egress will follow.

All I'm saying is that a 2 cent piece of paper on the counter with a sketch of the trails, gas, motels would be a huge help to touring sledders that are not sure of the local conditions. Not just in Liskeard, it is easy to get lost when the trails are not marked around motels.

Absolutely a great idea. I often ask for that info when I am at a new place, and more often than not, I can get the info. However, it would be nice to get a sheet of paper with a simple map.

Archived