Trail conditions

skidoo700

For the 2012/13 season,of all the trails that you have been on so far this season,who do you feel has the worst groomed trails in Ontario so far?

For the 2012/13 season,of all the trails that you have been on so far this season,who do you feel has the worst groomed trails in Ontario so far?

To be honest I can't say any were real bad. Majority of trails I have been on were in District 7, 8, 10 and 11. 90% were good to excellent. The other 10% were fair to good only due to lack of snow at the time. No complaints here except wish I had more time. LOL

We went out for a ride last night for about 125 miles and the trails were pretty beat. The snow seemed to be in supply but whooped out. We started in Baden, up to Teviotdale over to Arthur, down to Elora and home. Towards the end of the night the groomers were starting to get out to fix the damage the masses had caused thru the day.

If people have concerns about trails being "the worst groomed trails in Ontario so far", I would hope that they contact the Club or District office to simply ask why. Sometimes there are reasons why a trail is not groomed or in rough shape. Give the Club or district the opportunity to explain. Such as - - we had a groomer break down, lack of snow, etc. Asking a question like the one you have just asked in this post rather than contacting the Club, only sets things up to piss off hard working volunteers and Club Executive who may, and have in the past, said "screw it I quit". Then how will the trails be?

If people have concerns about trails being "the worst groomed trails in Ontario so far", I would hope that they contact the Club or District office to simply ask why. Sometimes there are reasons why a trail is not groomed or in rough shape. Give the Club or district the opportunity to explain. Such as - - we had a groomer break down, lack of snow, etc. Asking a question like the one you have just asked in this post rather than contacting the Club, only sets things up to piss off hard working volunteers and Club Executive who may, and have in the past, said "screw it I quit". Then how will the trails be?

should be changed to ''the best groomed trails in ont this yr'' & of course...pics would be a nice touch...

We did a short stint on the C trail north of Parry sound it was ugly lol

I know it was early in the season and the club likely didnt have time to fully get it groomed but wow i needed a nap after that ride

should be changed to ''the best groomed trails in ont this yr'' & of course...pics would be a nice touch...

X2 there Dragon

Very well said!

Wow...if we sway this to the best groomed trails.... that would be tough to pick just one. I have ridden D7, 8 & 10 and generally found them outstanding! Even those with limited snow. Yesterday we rode C trail north from Port Severn through Six Mile Lake Park, across McDonald bridge to the intersection of C an B105 (Baxter). From there on to Bala. (Muskoka Lakes) then made the return trip. Down B105 (Smart) all superb! They were getting beaten up a bit late in the day but that is life still fantastic. Today we rode from Port Severn trail 16 (Baxter) onto the ice at Macey's Bay over to Beausoleil Isand then off off the ice at Jug City on the west side of Penetang Bay. From there we rode to Maple Valley, don't remember the trail number but the local club (Georgian Bay) will know. Still FANTASTIC conditions both days from all clubs. Big thumbs up and tip of the helmet to all the volunteers and groomer operators. There were a very few bare spots in some of the open sections but if that is the worst we hit who cares. For a season that started off so-so... it sure is going out with a bang. Have I got my monies worth from the permits. YOU BET! AND THEN SOME!

Thought I would ride from Elmira to Belwood lake. Big mistake when I left GTSA trails. FEB trails in that area are rough. I know FEB is part of a grooming association but they have the traffic, sell permits and deserve the grooming.

its canada, he can ask what he likes,,,, u dont have to post if u dont wont to or u can post away.

Thought I would ride from Elmira to Belwood lake. Big mistake when I left GTSA trails. FEB trails in that area are rough. I know FEB is part of a grooming association but they have the traffic, sell permits and deserve the grooming.

Fergus area always sucks, traffic is the main reason. Lots of people from Guelph start there.

Fergus area always sucks, traffic is the main reason. Lots of people from Guelph start there.

The trail was rough on the way to Fergus, long before the launching area at the damm. Groomers must not want to go south of town.

The trail was rough on the way to Fergus, long before the launching area at the damm. Groomers must not want to go south of town.

Try the trail that runs just north of st Clements trail along 86 all the way to listowel. It is in awesome condition .

Archived