Arctic Cat Releases 2014 Lineup

500ssman

According to Country Cat on Facebook they are releasing tonite.

post-19741-0-36828900-1361834116_thumb.j

and apparently the ZR 9000????/900 is back

Cat has gotten back in the game with new 600 di(sorta) 2 stroker. Hp is rated at 125 hp effectively putting doo's 600 at the back of the pack.

http://www.arcticcat.com/

Cat has gotten back in the game with new 600 di(sorta) 2 stroker. Hp is rated at 125 hp effectively putting doo's 600 at the back of the pack.

http://www.arcticcat.com/

Yammy might use some of those 2 strikers too. Wait and see.

so the ZR is back, and its so nice to see that the MSRP is $2000 more for us canadians than the US !!

so the ZR is back, and its so nice to see that the MSRP is $2000 more for us canadians than the US !!

No crap. I won't buy a current year model

Sled ever. Bought a 12 for what an American will pay for a 2013. They will have to reduce msrp to move sleds. Heard doo is pricing the 2014's the same as the 2013's that are in the showroom, but probabily still 2k more then the states.

No crap. I won't buy a current year model

Sled ever. Bought a 12 for what an American will pay for a 2013. They will have to reduce msrp to move sleds. Heard doo is pricing the 2014's the same as the 2013's that are in the showroom, but probabily still 2k more then the states.

I paid $1500 less for my non current 2012 Poo than some dealers are asking for non current 2011's.

You really need to shop around, i agree new non current is the way to go.

Its one thing for the US/Japan manufacturers to charge more, but it really boils my oil is when those French Separatists (Doo) ask $1500 more in Canada than in the US!!!

Doo dealers have a sign on the door saying "Buy Canadian" .........ya I will will when they are priced fairly and made in a part of canada what wants to be in canada !!

My question is about the NEW Arctic built 2-strokes. The 600cc and the 800cc motors............

Are they using oil pumped to the crankshaft bearings or are they using sealed and greased bearings like the E-Tec Doo motors?

Wildbill, or anyone know the answer on this????

I am use to running up to 20,000 miles on Suzuki 2-stroke Cat motors with NO Rebuilds only cleaning of the APV's. E-tec motors are great until they have to be rebuit for stuff every year if you run 5000 to 7000 miles/ year.

My question is about the NEW Arctic built 2-strokes. The 600cc and the 800cc motors............

Are they using oil pumped to the crankshaft bearings or are they using sealed and greased bearings like the E-Tec Doo motors?

I am use to running up to 20,000 miles on Suzuki 2-stroke Cat motors with NO Rebuilds only cleaning of the APV's. E-tec motors are great until they have to be rebuit for stuff every year if you run 5000 to 7000 miles/ year.

No changes to the 800cc engine. unfortunately there is conflicting reports all over the other sled sites as to how this engine exactly works. Is it di or semi injection? No one knows just alot of guesses at the moment!

Oil pumped to the bearings no internal seals on that crank just the two end ones. I would liken it more to SDI than DI still uses lots of oil though honestly I like that

Oil pumped to the bearings no internal seals on that crank just the two end ones. I would liken it more to SDI than DI still uses lots of oil though honestly I like that

Thanks much for the answer Wildbill and SSman. I like that too because it really works!

I don't mind extra oil when it means reliability.

Etech's are putting oil to the bottom end also now....no grease.

Did not know that. Is that starting in 2014 ?

On the 2012 600's too Lep?

More info on that new 600 cat motor.

ech Insight: Inside the new Arctic Cat 600 C-TEC2 Engine

(3/1/2013)

20130301095405.jpg

6000-Series Arctic Cat 600 C-TEC2: Clean-Technology 2-Stroke Engine

The all-new 600 Clean-Technology 2-Stroke (or "C-TEC2" for short) is the first snowmobile engine designed engineered and produced by Arctic Cat.

It features a bunch of interesting technology like Dual-Stage Injection, unique open-window pistons, electronic oil metering and more, all of which reflects decades of engine design knowledge from the same Arctic Cat engineers who created the laydown engine, Exhaust Pipe Temperature Sensor and batteryless EFI.

20130301095332.jpg

“Every component of the C-TEC2 600 was designed and sourced by Arctic Cat,” said Donn Eide, Snowmobile Engine Design Manager at Arctic Cat. “It is a clean-sheet design incorporating new and existing technology pioneered by our team of engineers.”

Displacing 599cc, the C-TEC2 600 delivers class-leading 123 horsepower at 8,100 – 8,300 rpm. It weighs a full 10 lbs. less than the previous-generation 600 engine (and 7-8 lbs. less than competitive DI engines) It will be produced at the Arctic Cat Engine facility in St. Cloud, Minn.

20130301095247.jpg

Laydown Architecture: The laydown design common to Arctic Cat since the 2002 Sno Pro 440 race sled (Firecat) means that the combustion forces are in a different directional plane than the horizontal plane of the crankcase halves. The result is the stiffest and most robust crankshaft-capture of any engine design.

20130301095255.jpg

Dual-Stage Injection: At lower engine loads, the system injects fuel directly into the combustion chamber, on top of the piston. At higher engine loads fuel is also injected into the crankcase area and into the transfer ports, improving the fuel/air transfer time for added efficiency while also lubricating vital engine components

20130301095339.jpg

Slotted Piston: The unique open-window/slotted piston design allows fuel/oil mix to be injected into the crankcase area and then into the transfer ports as part of the Dual-Stage Injection design.

Key to this design is the injection of fuel (with oil) at the piston rod bearing, which a competitive DI system does not achieve (and which is known for problems).

20130301095317.jpg

Fuel Injectors: Lightweight, low pressure Dual-Stage injectors feed fuel into both the combustion chamber, crankcase, and cylinder ports through the cylinder wall. Integrated with EPTS and APV exhaust valves, this clean-burning design helps the C-TEC2 600 achieve Tier III EPA regulations. The cylinder-mounted fuel injectors are supplied with 58-psi fuel pressure and are controlled by the fuel management system using variable injection timing and duration.

Electric Oil Pump: Controlled by the engine management system, an electric oil pump delivers the precise oil requirements, from engine idle to full-throttle, adjusting oil consumption from sea level to high altitude. Oil is injected into the air intake flanges and the fuel rail for full engine lubrication including the pistons.

Fuel:oil ratios can be as high as 65:1 depending on load, which is why the C-TEC2 uses so little oil (and why the engine requires the oil formulated specifically for it).

Oil & Fuel Mix in the Rail: For maximum bearing life,a small amount of oil is delivered to the fuel rail and mixed with the fuel prior to injection. When the fuel is injected and travels through the piston skirt slot, the piston pin bearing receives added lubrication to ensure optimal bearing life even in the most extreme situations.

This is another key difference from high-pressure DI systems which require a return fuel loop back into the fuel tank, thus preventing oil from being injected into the rail (instead, oil is injected directly into the engine). The lack of oil lubrication via the fuel spray is a huge challenge for other systems.

Knock Sensor: An engine knock sensor detects detonation due to fuel octane, quality and/or ethanol content. Based on information from the knock sensor, the engine management system adjusts ignition timing and fuel delivery for optimum performance and combustion. If fuel quality is such that the combination of reduced engine timing and a richer fuel/air mixture can’t prevent detonation, the engine goes into safe mode until fuel quality improves.

The engine is designed for 91 octane fuel.

New cylinder port timings and shapes are matched by new cylinder head and combustion chamber shapes for optimized efficiency and performance.

Air-Only Throttle Bodies: Two 47-mm new-generation throttle bodies flow air into the crankcase. In addition to flowing only air (and not fuel), these throttle bodies are shorter and lighter than those used with previous engines.

Sealed pump shaft: The center water pump drive shaftis sealed in an oil bath for optimal lubrication, reducing oil consumption.

Double-V Reed Cages: Two double-V-shaped reed cageswith 4-petal reeds optimize air flow into the engine.

APV Exhaust Valves: The Arctic Power Valve (APV) exhaust valve system features a new, Arctic Cat designed valve design. The multi-stage valve movement is controlled electronically by the engine management system and works in concert with pipe temperature, ignition timing and fuel/air delivery for optimized performance and efficiency in all conditions.

EPTS: Designed and patented by Arctic Cat, the Exhaust Pipe Temperature Sensor (EPTS) system uses pipe temperature information as an input for the engine management system, helping to control fuel/air delivery, ignition timing and the APV valve opening.

20130301095347.jpg

Here's a 2014 Arctic Cat ZR6000 el tigre parked in front of a batch of 600 engines inside the St. Cloud, Minn., engine production facility.

More info on that new 600 cat motor.

ech Insight: Inside the new Arctic Cat 600 C-TEC2 Engine

(3/1/2013)

20130301095405.jpg

6000-Series Arctic Cat 600 C-TEC2: Clean-Technology 2-Stroke Engine

The all-new 600 Clean-Technology 2-Stroke (or "C-TEC2" for short) is the first snowmobile engine designed engineered and produced by Arctic Cat.

It features a bunch of interesting technology like Dual-Stage Injection, unique open-window pistons, electronic oil metering and more, all of which reflects decades of engine design knowledge from the same Arctic Cat engineers who created the laydown engine, Exhaust Pipe Temperature Sensor and batteryless EFI.

20130301095332.jpg

“Every component of the C-TEC2 600 was designed and sourced by Arctic Cat,” said Donn Eide, Snowmobile Engine Design Manager at Arctic Cat. “It is a clean-sheet design incorporating new and existing technology pioneered by our team of engineers.”

Displacing 599cc, the C-TEC2 600 delivers class-leading 123 horsepower at 8,100 – 8,300 rpm. It weighs a full 10 lbs. less than the previous-generation 600 engine (and 7-8 lbs. less than competitive DI engines) It will be produced at the Arctic Cat Engine facility in St. Cloud, Minn.

20130301095247.jpg

Laydown Architecture: The laydown design common to Arctic Cat since the 2002 Sno Pro 440 race sled (Firecat) means that the combustion forces are in a different directional plane than the horizontal plane of the crankcase halves. The result is the stiffest and most robust crankshaft-capture of any engine design.

20130301095255.jpg

Dual-Stage Injection: At lower engine loads, the system injects fuel directly into the combustion chamber, on top of the piston. At higher engine loads fuel is also injected into the crankcase area and into the transfer ports, improving the fuel/air transfer time for added efficiency while also lubricating vital engine components

20130301095339.jpg

Slotted Piston: The unique open-window/slotted piston design allows fuel/oil mix to be injected into the crankcase area and then into the transfer ports as part of the Dual-Stage Injection design.

Key to this design is the injection of fuel (with oil) at the piston rod bearing, which a competitive DI system does not achieve (and which is known for problems).

20130301095317.jpg

Fuel Injectors: Lightweight, low pressure Dual-Stage injectors feed fuel into both the combustion chamber, crankcase, and cylinder ports through the cylinder wall. Integrated with EPTS and APV exhaust valves, this clean-burning design helps the C-TEC2 600 achieve Tier III EPA regulations. The cylinder-mounted fuel injectors are supplied with 58-psi fuel pressure and are controlled by the fuel management system using variable injection timing and duration.

Electric Oil Pump: Controlled by the engine management system, an electric oil pump delivers the precise oil requirements, from engine idle to full-throttle, adjusting oil consumption from sea level to high altitude. Oil is injected into the air intake flanges and the fuel rail for full engine lubrication including the pistons.

Fuel:oil ratios can be as high as 65:1 depending on load, which is why the C-TEC2 uses so little oil (and why the engine requires the oil formulated specifically for it).

Oil & Fuel Mix in the Rail: For maximum bearing life,a small amount of oil is delivered to the fuel rail and mixed with the fuel prior to injection. When the fuel is injected and travels through the piston skirt slot, the piston pin bearing receives added lubrication to ensure optimal bearing life even in the most extreme situations.

This is another key difference from high-pressure DI systems which require a return fuel loop back into the fuel tank, thus preventing oil from being injected into the rail (instead, oil is injected directly into the engine). The lack of oil lubrication via the fuel spray is a huge challenge for other systems.

Knock Sensor: An engine knock sensor detects detonation due to fuel octane, quality and/or ethanol content. Based on information from the knock sensor, the engine management system adjusts ignition timing and fuel delivery for optimum performance and combustion. If fuel quality is such that the combination of reduced engine timing and a richer fuel/air mixture can’t prevent detonation, the engine goes into safe mode until fuel quality improves.

The engine is designed for 91 octane fuel.

New cylinder port timings and shapes are matched by new cylinder head and combustion chamber shapes for optimized efficiency and performance.

Air-Only Throttle Bodies: Two 47-mm new-generation throttle bodies flow air into the crankcase. In addition to flowing only air (and not fuel), these throttle bodies are shorter and lighter than those used with previous engines.

Sealed pump shaft: The center water pump drive shaftis sealed in an oil bath for optimal lubrication, reducing oil consumption.

Double-V Reed Cages: Two double-V-shaped reed cageswith 4-petal reeds optimize air flow into the engine.

APV Exhaust Valves: The Arctic Power Valve (APV) exhaust valve system features a new, Arctic Cat designed valve design. The multi-stage valve movement is controlled electronically by the engine management system and works in concert with pipe temperature, ignition timing and fuel/air delivery for optimized performance and efficiency in all conditions.

EPTS: Designed and patented by Arctic Cat, the Exhaust Pipe Temperature Sensor (EPTS) system uses pipe temperature information as an input for the engine management system, helping to control fuel/air delivery, ignition timing and the APV valve opening.

20130301095347.jpg

Here's a 2014 Arctic Cat ZR6000 el tigre parked in front of a batch of 600 engines inside the St. Cloud, Minn., engine production facility.

holy mother of god

what a post

gg

gf

gh

s

or in my case

i thought i was green

Whoa... I ain't green..lol,just pointing out some of the new features of this engine which cat is calling for all intent and purposes DI.

The jury is still out on this motor but if doo had offered something like this I might have stayed with em. I just don't like the complexity of the etec motor as it gotta last me at least 5 yrs or more.

Cat might have a winner here.

sure looks like a cool package, hope it lasts

Where are they mounting the fire extinguishers now?

Like the Eltigre name move :D

The ZR not so much

And WTF 9000 is a 1100turbo

8000 makes sense

7000 great engine but 7000 does not make sense

the only ones that make sense are 8000 and 6000 as they are both 800 and 600 cc variations

5000 for the NON turbo 1100?????

Ya like 125hp is 500 class power.......

should of just kept the 6000, 8000 monikers for the 2 strokes IMO

Same place they put the spare pistons on the doo! and opposite to the doo extingisher :hyper:

nl-snowmobile-fire-20090226.jpg

ReevesSled.jpg

Oh ...I dunno...I think the Cat extinguishers are much larger! LOL but good one!

post-19777-0-72481800-1362336625_thumb.jpg

Archived