Bobcaygeon (Twin Mountain S/C) on the weekend

XtremeLegend500

Heading up to my buddies cabin in Bobcaygeon for the weekend! Trail is literally steps from the font door! It is on the loop that says 450 on the OFSC trail guide, near the E108.

Just wondering how the trails are up there, they are showing green on the map but you never know with this warm weather how they might hold up. Anyone recently been riding around there?

I'll check in closer to the weekend to see what you guys think, should be fun though :D

Thanks!

taken this morning trails are lookin good to go

Twin Mountain and Kawartha Lakes SC trails are in primo shape, left the area late yesterday afternoon and the warm weather didn't hurt things a bit, and they got more snow. Here's a bunch of pic's from the area from the weekend.

Went up Thursday night and woke up to this on Friday morning :woot: :woot:

IMG2116_zpsbc049d62.jpg

IMG2120_zps36b54c89.jpg

IMG2121_zpsced7dd22.jpg

IMG2122_zps4982e1ee.jpg

IMG2123_zps85a7537e.jpg

IMG2124_zps9b470d59.jpg

IMG2126_zpsb1dc7431.jpg

IMG2128_zps1fdfd9a5.jpg

IMG2130_zpsb55e1a06.jpg

IMG2132_zps2fe6b9a6.jpg

IMG2134_zps1b452558.jpg

IMG2136_zps568c053b.jpg

IMG2137_zps720b55d9.jpg

IMG2138_zps0e18ebf9.jpg

IMG2139_zpseeb46ab2.jpg

Saturday and Sunday gave us blue bird skys and awesome trails :woot: :woot:

IMG2148_zpsc54812e1.jpg

IMG2159_zps1d629a62.jpg

IMG2160_zpsafbb6fc9.jpg

IMG2161_zps5c258cf1.jpg

IMG2165_zpse1f65c9e.jpg

IMG2168_zps04e15cde.jpg

IMG2169_zps352c6e96.jpg

IMG_7747_zps68659242.jpg

IMG_7751_zps39538b36.jpg

IMG_77561_zps5a75eaaf.jpg

IMG_7760_zps477468c9.jpg

IMG_7762_zpsbbd5ec04.jpg

wow...thats looks amazing...may have to head south instead of north...thx for pics

Woow! Now I'm really excited! thanks for the pictures!!

Nice pics Rick!!

Lookin to head there from the CH on Friday!!

Great Pics, Nutter. Thanks for sharing. Looks awesome.

Heading up Tomorrow ! :) If anyone is doing the Mountain loop (450) have an eye out for my buddies cabin! Its about the size of a large bedroom, and we are sleeping 9 in it! Should be interesting! Hopefully conditions are good, and will give updates during and after the little trip.

Jay

GEDC0028.jpg

top of tye's mountain 2012 great loop a scenary on the 450

GEDC0041.jpg

GEDC0043.jpg

GEDC0045.jpg

GEDC0046.jpg

and my favorite trail the salmon burn

GEDC0603.jpg

Awesome Pictures! I've been up Tyes mountain on a quad but not a snowmobile yet.

Question: How did you upload all those pictures? They must have been over the 1MB limit of file size? When I tried to upload pics earlier I could only upload a max of one because it used up the 1 MB. Any ideas.. thanks!

i use photobucket to upload all my pics

Ya thanks. Soupkids suggested that, and i got my pics up on my other post!

Here's a look at the trails from today's ride around Bobcaygeon ... It's the 450 around Tyes mountain:

http://s1340.beta.photobucket.com/user/JayG91/library/?

Anybody know if they will be grooming around here tonight. ?

Hi.... thinking of heading out and riding the TMSC trail system tomorrow, can anyone suggest a place to park a truck and trailer, I will be riding solo and travelling from the west end of Mississauga ,so if there's anyone that wants to hook up for a cruise post it up.

Thanks in Advance

Just stay away from the cabin with 9 guys in it! Rumour has it the methane concentration has reached explosive limits!

Haha, I try to stay outside as much as possible! No1B4ME conditions were great this morning! A bit choppy tonight ... Put about 100km on today.

Does anyone know if they will be grooming tonight? Probably going to leave early tmrw and head up to minden.

-21 here this morning. Heading out soon to hit the trails while there still in good condition. Will give an update later!

Would just like to say thanks to Twin Mountain S/C and surrounding clubs for great trails over the weekend! Saturday we rode from the 450 around Tyes Mountain up to Minden! We left early, and the trails had been freshly groomed along the E108 which was great! I expected the railbed to be all chewed up but I guess we left early enough that not to much traffic had passed through and it was in UNREAL condition!

Conditions all around the area were in great shape, and we even went a bit off trail around Tyes Mountain and ran a few lakes starting with Black duck. (anyone familiar with the area might know the spot through the trees to get to these lakes). But on Friday we got on the lake and ran it to the otherside then realized that we were just on slush and quickly got off :-D . Stupidly we went back on today, However conditions were amazing this time, and would recommend it to anyone who wants to ride some fresh POW. (just look for track veering into the bush after the top of the Mountain!

All in all, We had a great time, and just one weekend was well worth the trail permit!

Cheers,

Jay

Archived