Stay on Trail...Peeps.

Lep

Just moving this over here from the NDSC forum....

Just got home last night peeps and all I have been doing is cooling off very upset landowners.....yes we opened on a limited bases BUT that does not mean U can put those ski's where ever U want...some wheat fields have been riped apart etc.....If u cannt stay on the trail please stay at home...just because one makes tracks doesnt outside the trail stakes doesnt mean all can do it....I got one Landowners right now that has had his front lawn/grass ripped down to mud and the trail is on the other side of the road....Keep it up and we will have nothing to ride...

I am sure other local clubs are having the same issues.....I know its a late start but at least try to keep what we got.

some people will never learn, it will cost us more and more

I caught people on a closed trail, there response was but theres lots of snow and there are a lot of people on them. A lot of the people I saw on the trails from the road side in my truck were starting off on a closed trail. It wasn't as if they came upon it by accident. Frustrating.

Well said, Lep

Well said, Lep

seen a guy stuck real bad yesterday off the trail. 3 guys were out there trying to dig him out. It was pointed 80 degrees downwards towards a drainage ditch in about 2 feet of snow. Stuck real good. That should teach him a lesson.

I've noticed that many of the people in my area that ride off the trails are the same people that don't care to buy permits either. They really don't care if they lose them because they'll ride anyways. "Frustrating is an understatement"

Although I did observe all weekend in the SSR area that the OPP were nailing people left and right for "forgetting" to buy permits. It made me smile. :D

I agree!! The sled trail runs on 4 of are farms about 20 km,about 3 or 4 conssions, and we move the trail from tree line to tree line so people don't ripe up are fresh rye crops. some place there is fence up and people, not all, they just drive over fence and blast right off trail on are rye. my grap is pissed!!! the first snow fall end of december and sleds on are rye not on trail , SSR club put up sign, stay on trail or trail will be closed but still sledders are still off trail ripping it up. This a major trail for Delhi area and if it close good luck re routing it. THIS IS A WARNING FOR LOCALS AND OUT OF TOWNERS KEEP IT UP AND THIS TRAIL WILL BE CLOSED FOR GOOD!!!!!!!! I love sledding to and its getting harder and harder for me to suck it up. PLEASE STAY ON TRAIL FOR ALL OF US

I agree!! The sled trail runs on 4 of are farms about 20 km,about 3 or 4 conssions, and we move the trail from tree line to tree line so people don't ripe up are fresh rye crops. some place there is fence up and people, not all, they just drive over fence and blast right off trail on are rye. my grap is pissed!!! the first snow fall end of december and sleds on are rye not on trail , SSR club put up sign, stay on trail or trail will be closed but still sledders are still off trail ripping it up. This a major trail for Delhi area and if it close good luck re routing it. THIS IS A WARNING FOR LOCALS AND OUT OF TOWNERS KEEP IT UP AND THIS TRAIL WILL BE CLOSED FOR GOOD!!!!!!!! I love sledding to and its getting harder and harder for me to suck it up. PLEASE STAY ON TRAIL FOR ALL OF US

Thanks for your input and welcome to the forum. You are absolutely right and, quite honestly, I cannot fathom why we even have to discuss this.

A couple of years ago, while doing a TP checkpoint, one bright light said, "I didn't know this was an OFSC Trail. I thought it was private property." I explained that it was private property, and that is why we were stopping him from trespassing.

I heard a comment this weekend that was quite scary while in the Sudbury area....ran into a group of two that almost went head on with our ginne pig out front and the second rider put her in the sticks.....long story short two newbies just picked sleds up last week etc never been sledding in there lives...now this is thrusday afternoon in the sudbury area very little to no traffic....they BOTH thought the trail they were on was a ONE WAY trail....after some comments from our lead guy as he was a little hot we took sometime and explained some basics to these guys right down to reading maps etc.....be carefull out there as there are some,that are not aware of the basic's.

OMG!

One way trails? I recall that question being posed to me at a Christmas party, but thought it was a 'one off'.

OMG!

One way trails? I recall that question being posed to me at a Christmas party, but thought it was a 'one off'.

I almost got hit last year. Riding right down the middle of the trail on a hill approaching me. Day light can be dangerous because you can't see them coming.

Archived